The Mountain Fountain

Chris Argo

Jul 9, 2021, 12:53:50 PM7/9/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Many thanks to Pascal for planning a ride for Sunday and also to anyone who puts together a Sunday afternoon ride. I arrived in town  on Thursday and plan to ride a modified version of LVC Pie Ride (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36717888) to The Mountain Fountain (https://themountainfountain.com/) in Hygiene. This route was suggested by a friend from Broomfield. Sandwiches, coffee and of course pie from The Mountain Fountain are regular fare for cyclists in the area! Along with SuperFlag, this is his go-to ride for out-of-towners.

Would anyone like to join me sometime Saturday. I'm open to time suggestions. The route currently starts/ends at Louisville Cyclery but I imagine this modification (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36718219) to start/finish from Quality Inn would work as well. Perhaps Pascal or someone familiar with the area could verify the feasibility of the modifications.

Chris

Ray Whitlock

Jul 9, 2021, 2:08:04 PM7/9/21
to Chris Argo, Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi Chris,

This sounds great. I'm staying at the Quality Inn and would be up for joining you any time in the morning as the forecast does not look nearly as hot as today.

Cheers,
Ray

Chris Argo

Jul 9, 2021, 3:28:03 PM7/9/21
to Ray Whitlock, Colorado High Country 1200k
Ray,

The Mountain Fountain opens at 8:30 AM. It is about 19 miles from the Quality Inn. So, I imagine that is over an hour for most of us (I know it is for me). Would you and anyone else who may want to join prefer to ride early (7:30 AM) and be there shortly after opening or ride a little later in the morning (9:45 AM) and eat lunch there? I'm staying at the Hampton Inn just a 1/4 mile from the Quality Inn. I'll ride over and meet anyone who is riding at whatever time we decide to start.

Chris

Ray Whitlock

Jul 9, 2021, 5:35:59 PM7/9/21
to Chris Argo, Colorado High Country 1200k
I like the lunch option so a 9:45 sounds good to me. I can be easily swayed though if others would rather do the breakfast run.

Chris Argo

Jul 9, 2021, 5:59:44 PM7/9/21
to Ray Whitlock, Colorado High Country 1200k
Works for me. Unless others want to ride an there is a consensus to move earlier, I will see you at Quality Inn at 9:45 AM. I'll be on an orange Diverge.

Chris

Chris Argo

Jul 9, 2021, 11:39:32 PM7/9/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi everyone. Currently, there are four of us with a potential for a fifth doing the Mountain Fountain Pie Ride @ 7:30 AM Saturday morning. 2 or 3 of us will leave from La Quinta/Hampton and the others I believe are leaving from the Quality Inn. We plan on meeting at the Smashburger parking lot on Dillon/McCaslin at 7:30 AM. Feel free to join us for a chill ride. If you let us know you are coming, we will be looking for you.

Chris

Chris Argo

Jul 10, 2021, 1:09:44 PM7/10/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi everyone. It was nice to ride with Andy, George, Sarah, Graham and Ray to the Mountain Fountain this morning. I hope you enjoyed the ride. Sorry that they didn't have pie ready this morning. Still it was great to see so many cyclists at the local hub. I know we split-up into at least three groups later on the ride. I imagine there are several riders already in town this evening. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow either at Pascal's ride or at check-in/dinner.

Chris

Graham Ross

Jul 10, 2021, 7:04:27 PM7/10/21
to Chris Argo, Colorado High Country 1200k
Thanks Chris for organizing! Nice to meet some new people whose wheels I can follow!

Graham