Spotwalla location page for CHC 1200K

Greg Smith

Jun 14, 2021, 10:42:34 PM6/14/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
I've created a location page for those who have Spot, Garmin or other satellite tracking devices. The join page is:

to view riders during the ride:

Erin Witter

Jun 14, 2021, 11:50:04 PM6/14/21
to Greg Smith, Colorado High Country 1200k
Appears Wahoo is a no go. It’s not among the list of “other satellite tracking devices.”

Greg Goebel

Jun 17, 2021, 3:30:25 AM6/17/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
I've set up my iPhone as a tracking device. When do you want us to join? (I did join, but figure folks are not interested in my pre-ride travels!)

Greg Goebel
12470

John Lee Ellis

Jun 18, 2021, 6:21:54 PM6/18/21
to Erin Witter, Greg Smith, Colorado High Country 1200k
Normally, riders can supply us a link to track them, and we include the link on our Rider Progress sheet.

We still plan to do that, but I will certainly post Greg's Spotwalla link on the website, for an easier, composite picture. (Thanks, Greg.)

-john

Greg Smith

Jun 18, 2021, 10:55:02 PM6/18/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Greg,

Doesn't really matter if you join earlier. I've used my Spot a few times since I created the page so there's a bit of clutter there now but Spotwalla will shift the focus to the track for the CHC during the event.

Rob Tulloh

Jul 4, 2021, 7:45:49 PM7/4/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi Greg,

I have Bubbler GPS on my phone which I have used before with success. However, I just tried to join and it says I joined, but my location doesn't appear on the tracking page. Bubbler shows my status as green/connected, but not sure if there is some issue which is preventing it from showing up on the tracking page. Any ideas on this?

Thank you,

Rob

Rob Tulloh

Jul 5, 2021, 10:55:37 AM7/5/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
HI Greg,

I think I figured it out. There was a newer version of the app and now it seems to be connected up correctly.

Rob

Greg Smith

Jul 5, 2021, 11:27:38 PM7/5/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Glad you got it sorted Rob! I’ve never used Bubbler and am without a PC at this point.