Safety Note for Day 2

Jack Nicholson

Jun 21, 2024, 1:16:55 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to Colorado High Country 1200k, John Lee Ellis
It is all fresh chip seal on the steep/fast descent from Medicine Bow Peak into Centennial WY (miles 296-302).  I didn’t see any deep gravel, but there is enough loose gravel on the newly paved surface to take you down if you speed through here. You can easily hit 50 MPH along here.  My advice: DON’T!!!!

See everyone at check-in tomorrow!

Jack

Dave Brillhart

Jun 21, 2024, 6:42:40 PM (11 days ago) Jun 21
to Jack Nicholson, Colorado High Country 1200k, John Lee Ellis
Thank you!! A friend of mine, multi RAAM finisher, Marko, was battling for first place on the inaugural RAE (Race Across the East) and ended up in the hospital with a DNF, wiping out in a turn when he hit gravel in the road. Got lucky with just 10 stitches - nothing broken. I appreciate your advice! Careful out there!

Dave Brillhart

Jun 21, 2024, 6:46:31 PM (11 days ago) Jun 21
to Jack Nicholson, Colorado High Country 1200k, John Lee Ellis
Can someone bring a floor pump tomorrow morning for the social ride? I deflated my tires for the flight.

Also if anyone could bring a scale. I’d be interested in a weigh in each morning - get a sense of my hydration level. Not really needed but if someone living local wouldn’t mind.

Dave