in search of CHC jersey for injured rider

George Winkert

Nov 5, 2021, 7:04:02 PM11/5/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Hi all,

Many of you met and rode with Chris Argo (from Alabama) at CHC this year.  Some of you might know that he was struck by a hit-and-run driver 3 weeks ago this evening, just 20 miles from the finish of a 400km brevet checkout ride.  By God's grace, he is alive and recovering remarkably well despite numerous fractures.  He and his wife Aimee have shared some details of this awful event and his recovery on Facebook.  Great news is that he is hopeful to be riding again in a couple months.  His bike is a total loss, every carbon tube broken.  And sadly, his CHC jersey had to be cut off at the ER.  With his permission, I'm posting this and trying to locate a replacement for him.   If anyone has a Med (preferred) or Lg CHC jersey they would like to sell, please contact me.

Much thanks,
George

Pocket#3 held Chris' phone which was not damaged and used to call for help.

argo chc jersey.jpg

Dustin Harding

Nov 5, 2021, 7:12:50 PM11/5/21
to George Winkert, Colorado High Country 1200k
George,
Oh no! So happy that Chris is going to be okay, I met Chris at High County this year, he's a great guy! I will ask around at our monthly 200km tomorrow to see if someone might have a jersey for Chris.
Dustin

George Winkert

Nov 5, 2021, 8:04:22 PM11/5/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
Btw,  Voler is my next stop if no one has a jersey available.  If anyone knows of a good contact there apart from calling their general number, please let me know.

Eric Peterson

Nov 5, 2021, 9:22:06 PM11/5/21
to George Winkert, Colorado High Country 1200k
I have a large jersey available.

Eric Peterson

George Winkert

Nov 7, 2021, 10:50:38 PM11/7/21
to Colorado High Country 1200k
A jersey has been located for Chris!  Thanks to all who took an interest in this worthy cause.

Thanks, George

John Lee Ellis

Nov 7, 2021, 11:44:36 PM11/7/21
to George Winkert, Colorado High Country 1200k
Great news, George, and thank you!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to Chris.

-john lee