FW: Jack T. Donson Announces (PERA)- The Federal Prison Education and Reform Alliance

spike...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2024, 3:33:34 PMJun 10
to cure...@googlegroups.com, CO-CURE Google Board

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jack Donson <ja...@mfpcllc.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 7:40AM
Subject: Jack T. Donson Announces (PERA)- The Federal Prison Education and Reform Alliance
To: ja...@bopera.org <ja...@bopera.org>

I know that most of you are aware of the increasing reports of abuse and mismanagement in BOP facilities across the country, which have erupted in the media and are being examined in Congressional hearings. The time is ripe for obtainable reform, and an alliance of retired BOP technical policy experts, adults in custody (the new term for inmates) and their family members, advocates and attorneys have come together to form the only organization in the country focused on federal prison education, advocacy and reform.

We are the federal Prison Education and Reform Alliance (PERA), a nonprofit (501c3) organization. And we believe we can collectively bring about BOP reform in a non-adversarial way. However, we need your support!

Please join our movement. We'll be sending out our inaugural newsletter soon, so subscribe now!

Help us grow to be the country’s primary federal prison-related stakeholder that not only educates and supports the justice community, but also helps incarcerated people and their families navigate the BOP to obtain realistic correctional treatment goals within the BOP policy framework.

Please share to your networks and together, we can not only make a real impact on the justice community but also the lives of people inside federal prisons and their families.

image.png