The women's book/Iowa

1 view

dia...@coloradocure.org

Nov 22, 2022, 4:47:09 PM11/22/22
to colora...@googlegroups.com

FYI  Dianne

From: Sue Hutchins <hutchi...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 1:44 PM
To: Me <hutchi...@yahoo.com>
Subject: The women's book(Iowa)

Hello friends and colleagues,

I hope you are enjoying this holiday season and I wish you and yours the very best.

I just published the women's book on Amazon.... Bleak Walls Better Women.   The e-book is available and the paperback will be up by Monday,  11/28.

This completes my effort of publishing all 5 Bleak Walls books.  I believe the series does justice to our loved ones incarcerated their loved ones out here by covering lifers, virtual lifers, stories of loved ones struggles, racial and minority disparities, legislative attempts at reform and now also women's stories.  Each book is a collection of stories and experiences in the words of those affected.

2023 marks 50 years of Mass Incaration.  To my mind each and every one of the people who have written their thoughts and experiences in these books is a testament to our society’s desperate need to look at justice and mercy in the criminal system through a different lens.  Our system needs change.....we can do so much better for our individuals, families and communities.

Blessings to you and yours,

Sue Hutchins, Iowa-CURE leader