How can I help?

Christa

May 14, 2013, 3:52:26 PM5/14/13
to colorado-code-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the group. How can I help?

Max Berson

May 15, 2013, 3:04:32 PM5/15/13
to colorado-code-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Christa,

Can't tell if anybody replied to you privately, so here goes!

There are a few active projects within our group, a long wish list, and plenty of room for you to bring in your own ideas.

The most active projects are OpenBike (sort of like Waze for cyclists), an effort to convert Denver's street closure announcements from PDF documents to an interactive online map, and our newest project, a process for figuring out which Yelp reviews are most trustworthy.

If you take a look at http://codeforcommunities.org/, you'll find the full list of projects, active and otherwise.

I can probably be even more helpful if you tell us what skills you're bringing to the group, or what new skills you'd like to develop.

Finally, there's always a flurry of activity at our bi-weekly meetings. The next one will be:

Tuesday, May 21
Galvanize
1062 Delaware St, Denver, CO 80204
http://goo.gl/maps/z7miO

Hope to hear from - or see - you soon,
|V|

On May 14, 2013 1:52 PM, "Christa" <crs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the group. How can I help?

joanne cheng

May 21, 2013, 12:24:24 AM5/21/13
to colorado-code-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christa!

Come join us tomorrow at Galvanize! We're meeting at 7PM (6:30 if you want to hang out and chat before hand).

You can look at some of the projects that Max mentioned above (github: https://github.com/colorado-code-for-communities). Or, suggest/start your own projects. A good inspiration for ideas is the Colorado Open Data catalog: http://opencolorado.org/

If you can't make it to tomorrow's meeting (or meetings in general), feel free to ask questions or make suggestions in this group.

Welcome!
Joanne