Invitation to join Mosaic Gospel Choir in Boulder

Lisa Seaman

Jul 15, 2022, 5:37:09 PM7/15/22
to Colorado Coalition for African Music, Dance & Culture
Hi Music lovers,
Invitation to join a Gospel Choir in Boulder.

Spread the word! This is a new exciting revival of our amazing Mosaic choir, and the more members, the merrier! Forward this email to friends and family who will love it as much as we do!

MOSAIC CHOIR WITH DR. MICHAEL WILLIAMS STARTS AGAIN ON AUGUST 29!
  1. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THE CHOIR, PLEASE RESPOND ASAP TO Andrea at:  lovemusi...@gmail.com

  2. And join our Mosaic Gospel Choir Google Group email list:  https://groups.google.com/g/mosaic-gospel-choir-boulder

Hi everyone,

Andrea here! It’s hard to believe it’s been over two years since we last sang together at the Wesleyan chapel. I sure do miss it! Singing with you was always a highlight of my week!

Thank you for all your ideas about how we can get our choir going again. A few of us recently met, discussed options, and came up with a plan to move forward. Here's what we've got so far:

1. We will resume Mosaic practices on Monday, August 29, 2022, 7-8:30pm

2. Dr. Michael Williams is excited to resume as choir director and has committed Monday evenings to us starting Aug 29.

3. Rehearsals/performances will take place at the Junkyard Social Club in Boulder, 2525 Frontier Ave, Unit A, Boulder, CO 80301. It’s an amazing multi-use venue with both indoor and outdoor rehearsal options and performance spaces. Check it out!

4. Mosaic will now be an independent choir as Wesleyan is not interested in restarting the choir. While this puts the organizational responsibility and costs on us, it also gives us more freedom in terms of things like where we can rehearse (the chapel is close-quartered and poorly ventilated), and where and when we will perform.

5. Mosaic's founder, Roger Wolsey, enthusiastically gives us his blessing to continue using the Mosaic name. (Thanks Roger!) We will honor his role in our choir background descriptions, PR and more.

6. To cover costs, there will be a membership fee of $50/month per singer. This fee will be paid as a semester fee at the beginning of each semester - so for this fall, the semester dues will be $200 per singer. This covers the costs for the rehearsal space, Michael's fees, and fees for performance musicians.

7. We need 25 people to get started! So, we need the following action from you:
  • Reply to this email immediately to indicate if you want to be part of the Mosaic choir this fall. Click "Reply to author" through this thread (not reply all), or email me directly at lovemusi...@gmail.com
  • Indicate your commitment to the membership fee of $200 / semester ($50/month).
  • Indicate if you will need financial support to cover membership costs. We are starting a scholarship fund!
  • Commit to contributing generously to our scholarship fund! It is vital that we support our student members, as well as those in need.
  • We need a treasurer ASAP who can be entrusted with managing the funds for the choir. Do you have experience/knowledge in this area? Let us know!
We also need to develop a committed volunteer leadership team to help run various aspects of this choir. Lisa Seaman has generously offered to continue managing communication for the group. Other roles include: Secretary (help with admin tasks), Social media lead, Website person, Community Outreach person/team. Reach out if you can help!

Also - Spread the word! This is a new exciting revival of our amazing Mosaic choir, and the more members, the merrier! Forward this email to friends and family who will love it as much as we do!

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you and even more to singing with you again.

All the best,

Andrea Love
Vocalist, Voice Instructor, Composer
lovemusicstudios.com
770-316-4389

Lisa Seaman

Aug 20, 2022, 3:27:43 PM8/20/22
to Colorado Coalition for African Music, Dance & Culture
Hi All,
If you're interested in singing in this FUN choir, it starts Monday, Sept 12 (not Aug 29). Feel free to invite your friends, too.

Contact Andrea at lovemusicstudios @ gmail.com

cheers,
Lisa