New Google Groups!!!

carolinedunstable

Apr 19, 2012, 1:24:03 PM4/19/12
to colony3
This is mainly to Moor,..everytime I go to colony3 I get the message
the old Google Groups will be going away soon and I should switch to
new googlegroups...wuz going on?? I remember that you lost a lot of
stuff before when one of the site got updated...should I be worried?

Moor Larkin

Apr 20, 2012, 12:06:21 PM4/20/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hi carolinedunstable,

You should probably be worried insofar as the new googlegroups is really crap in layout and functionality.
However, this is Progress so we must welcome it..... ;-D .....

I wouldn't be surprised if google delete everyThing sooner or later, because the new improved version has pretty much killed all the googlegroupings that I used to occasionally visit. I would guess a combination of new platforms and forums have left this venerable system far behind. However, as I say, it is also so clunky now that I imagine only the most determined continue to use it. Forums that are not *managed* as this one is, have become spammed by the Jammers too. I suppose Number Six would be pleased....... ;-)))

bcnu as long as it lasts.
Moor.

Caroline Hammond

Apr 20, 2012, 3:44:48 PM4/20/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
Sadly I think you're right a lot of the sites I used to visit seemed to have vanished. I hope Yahoo is kinder to you than the "good" folks of Googleworld.  If(when) they lose colony3 I  shall just keep searching the web 'til I find you again...

Wot's Google's masterplan?....Every time I get used to an existing layout and closer to understanding how their systems work they change them. Then, they bombard me with things I dont want,....Now they are "jamming" my inbox with emails telling me what everyone else is googling about ...I didn't ask and don't care....

Perhaps we should start "jamming" them and the spammers.....

 .....ooo Mr McGoohan you were so right and  they damned u for it...talk about prescience.  Paranoia my a....s!    Everyday we get closer to the village.....We are all at the mercy of the machines, the lobsters are back and everyone is heading  for the pot....

I think I need a nice cup of tea and a lie down,now.

PS To prove  I am not a complete luditte pse note  I am at least the master of my emocions :)  Don't they JUST drive you mad!

1E3.gif
4F4.gif
320.gif