The Warriors on today on TCM at 4.40pm

carolinedunstable

Apr 17, 2012, 7:51:12 AM4/17/12
to colony3
A late heads up!!

Linda Schley

Apr 17, 2012, 8:29:44 AM4/17/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
thanks, wont be watching here. it is nice to know that it is on somewhere.
i have a vhs copy in my cart at amazon, it has been there for 2 months. if
you watch let us know if it is worth investing in.
Apr 17, 2012, 10:40:39 AM4/17/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Nice to know the film still exists at least.... :-D

In terms of the interest for this particular Board....
this blurry image is about as good as it gets........

For arch completists only...... :-D

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:29:44 PM UTC+1, pauline wrote:
thanks, wont be watching here.  it is nice to know that it is on somewhere.
i have a vhs copy in my cart at amazon, it has been there for 2 months.  if
you watch let us know if it is worth investing in.
Apr 18, 2012, 9:26:14 AM4/18/12
to colony3
It wasn't bad at all.....v. clear print..letter box format, good
sound.......as to the film itself, ok.....old Erroll was a bit too old
for this but acquitted himself quite well....story was ok...a bit of
stirring action and you can have great fun spotting lots of old timers
(and long goners) when they were sparkling young blades...himself had
only one spoken line but is about for significant chunks of screen
time....had lots of "business" (doing his best to "steal" a bit of
screentime...he was also so good at didscretly working the background
when all the action was going on elsewhere.... looked quite lovely in
a blonde mullet style wig and had nice yellow feathers on the
helmut :)......actually looked a bit cheesed off in a couple of
shots ....Certainly one for the collection.

On Apr 17, 1:29 pm, "Linda Schley" <trollybrkte...@windstream.net>

Linda Schley

Apr 19, 2012, 8:28:56 AM4/19/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
thank you caroline for the thoughtful review, i am not fond of old vhs tapes
but you have helped me decide about my amazon cart. :) if you havent
watched all night long in awhile, give it a try. it is so very excellent,
everyone does a great job. thanks again