rafferty

pauline

Sep 11, 2011, 11:54:58 AM9/11/11
to colony3
was just visiting you tube and got excited when i saw there was a
rafferty clip and information about ordering two episodes.
unfortunately it appears to be the same copy that i already have which
is somewhat less than satisfactory. i believe warner bros owns
rafferty and you can go to their site and leave an email, which i have
done several times, and the response is that they are working on it.
more emails from those interested in having the complete television
works of mcgoohan available might have some influence. strength in
numbers maybe. it takes a village you know!

Moor Larkin

Sep 11, 2011, 6:37:03 PM9/11/11
to colony3
If they really are *working * on it........ That would be
fantastic....

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/index.php?c=2160

ML

carolinedunstable

Sep 12, 2011, 7:43:45 AM9/12/11
to colony3
Dear Pauline,

What a triffic idea! Do you have the address you have been using 2
contact them and I will defo contact them.

Caroline

LINDA SCHLEY

Sep 13, 2011, 1:12:13 AM9/13/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much for sharing the fuzzymemory site. for anyone that wants to
send an email to warner bros., go to www.warnerbros.com then customer
service, write your epistle and submit.

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/index.php?c=2160

ML

valerie h.

Sep 22, 2011, 5:46:31 PM9/22/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
I've always found that opening hilarious in that he puts his glasses on and takes them off for seemingly no reason whatsoever.  Same with the jacket fiddling.  Also, when you compare his acting to the seventies guest actress of the week dreck it's pretty much night and day as regards quality.  I personally love this show, and I loved the notion of a Columbo-style doctor but I think it was doomed to failure from the get.

valerie

your hair and dress in ribbons
babycakes

Kari Banta

Sep 22, 2011, 6:02:50 PM9/22/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
It's the walking down the hill that gets me. The endless hill!

It's a great show--I think of it as kin to Kolchak. Neither exactly understood what kind of show they were trying to be but both inspired other things.

Rafferty's habit of saying, "what" after the person has just said the bit of info he's been trying to drag out of them has become a joke among my friends.

valerie h.

Sep 22, 2011, 6:43:01 PM9/22/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
"Rafferty's habit of saying, "what" after the person has just said the bit of info he's been trying to drag out of them"

This!  I can't believe I forgot that, too funny.  And yes.  The hill that never ends!  I often wonder where they shot it, MacArthur Park, Griffith Park, or Silver Lake.  All of which were a stones-throw from my doorstep.

valerie

pauline

Sep 22, 2011, 11:36:58 PM9/22/11
to colony3
about that opening of rafferty.... i see it as just completing an
intense mcgoohan type day, trying to relax while thinking about all
the things yet to do, nervous habits finger taps, glasses on and off,
fussing with coat, the classic sniff, hand motions and debating with
ones self etc.. while looking quite gorgeous at the same time.
episode 1 did not have this intro. the theme is perfect written by
leonard rosenman writer of east of eden and rebel without a cause plus
many others. recently i have viewed all the episodes and possibly
because i like mcgoohan so much i am predisposed to thinking it wasnt
a bad show. i can remember watching it with my mom when it was first
run but besides that catchy melody do not remember too much more. i
wanted to point out that this show was very much like many others of
the era, and possibly it was destined to fail due to pitting it
against monday night football and the fact it was not marketed
properly. if mcgoohan had had more creative control the show may have
taken a bit of a different twist, i believe he had wanted the main
character to spend more time outside of the hospital, and he only
directed one episode, the wild child. he may not have been proud of
this work but i kind of consider it part three in a tv trilogy, and am
pleased that it is out there. do not forget to let warner bros know
you want this put out on dvd!!

On Sep 22, 6:43 pm, "valerie h." <glassineb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Rafferty's habit of saying, "what" after the person has just said the bit
> of info he's been trying to drag out of them"
>
> This!  I can't believe I forgot that, too funny.  And yes.  The hill that
> never ends!  I often wonder where they shot it, MacArthur Park, Griffith
> Park, or Silver Lake.  All of which were a stones-throw from my doorstep.
>
> valerie
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Kari Banta <mrc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's the walking down the hill that gets me. The endless hill!
>
> > It's a great show--I think of it as kin to Kolchak. Neither exactly
> > understood what kind of show they were trying to be but both inspired other
> > things.
>
> > Rafferty's habit of saying, "what" after the person has just said the bit
> > of info he's been trying to drag out of them has become a joke among my
> > friends.
>
> > On Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM, valerie h. wrote:
>
> > I've always found that opening hilarious in that he puts his glasses on and
> > takes them off for seemingly no reason whatsoever.  Same with the jacket
> > fiddling.  Also, when you compare his acting to the seventies guest actress
> > of the week dreck it's pretty much night and day as regards quality.  I
> > personally love this show, and I loved the notion of a Columbo-style doctor
> > but I think it was doomed to failure from the get.
>
> > valerie
>
> babycakes- Hide quoted text -

pauline

Sep 24, 2011, 9:57:23 AM9/24/11
to colony3
if anyone is interested in trying to get warner bros to make rafferty
available here is the website and a phone number. they did reply to
my email, the persons name is kayleen, you go to the wb official site,
scroll down to bottom of page and on left will be customer service,
where you can leave a detailed message. also for those in us the
phone number is 1 866 373 4389. of course i was told that corporate
makes the final choice as to what is available but they did say that
all messages are forwarded to corporate and that if there was enough
interest it would get their attention. it certainly would be worth a
try. hello rick maybe the unmutuals could put the word out also????
they have so many unmemorable 70s shows on their on demand order page
that there must be hope for this one.

carolinedunstable

Sep 24, 2011, 10:05:38 AM9/24/11
to colony3
i have sent my request...let's hope everyone else gets on board...

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if he had appeared on House!? Or had
the chance to act in a tv show with writers and production standards
that good...God, he was ahead of his time..

lmr

Sep 24, 2011, 11:21:22 AM9/24/11
to colony3
yes!! finally got my request in to help the cause......thanks for the
info
> > that there must be hope for this one.- Hide quoted text -

The Unmutual

Sep 25, 2011, 5:14:04 PM9/25/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yes great idea, count me in and I'll get a piece done for The Unmutual
Website later this week, the site still gets 7000+ visitors each week and
has 5000 subscribers to the update emails, imagine if all of them
wrote/phoned for Rafferty to be released??

Watch this space!
Rick

Sep 26, 2011, 3:39:44 AM9/26/11
to colony3
Any reply ? I filled in the web-form using the "Any Questions" as a
topic header when pauline made the suggestion, but I haven't even had
an auto-reply..... :-(( I pointed out that people had long been
paying £25 (or more) for dreadful video-copies on the collector
market, so a boxed set of just 13 episodes would surely have an
immediate market.

The Dr Syn tin box issued by Disney a while back changes hands on ebay
now for as much as £100 each!! Imagine how many more Disney could have
sold if they'd pressed more than 35,000 and then been prepared to
warehouse them. These big companies are very weird sometimes. Once the
rights have been purchased and paid for how much can an individual dvd
cost in terms of platic and paper? Pennies really.

ML

The Unmutual

Oct 11, 2011, 8:23:05 AM10/11/11
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Just to let you know I have placed a little news item on the main page of
The Unmutual today at http://www.theunmutual.co.uk - hope everyone thinks
it's OK and also hope that this might lead to the release people have been
asking for :)

Cheers
Rick