Nor the Moon by Night-on Amazon

carolinedunstable

Apr 23, 2012, 4:12:05 PM4/23/12
to colony3
Now DVD available on Amazon! Have posted question to seller re
quality...will let u know if any reply...selling at £34.99 in pukka
looking "classic" styling DVD case.

Linda Schley

Apr 23, 2012, 5:55:06 PM4/23/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
cool, maybe before our time is up his works will be readily available on
dvd. if not as we move toward the light a theatre showing his entire works
24/7 (would be heavenly) my copy of this movie pretty good though. you
mentioned about this group going away, there is something probably wrong
with this idea but why not use the unmutual face book to discuss things, if
they don't mind. it might be a good way to communicate.

Moor Larkin

Apr 23, 2012, 6:50:27 PM4/23/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
That's been on ebay quite a lot in the past. If you're in Britain you can watch the movie for free here - not that I'm advocating "free", but it is what it is:   http://www.blinkbox.com/Free/Movie/35134/Nor-The-Moon-By-Night

carolinedunstable

Apr 23, 2012, 6:55:38 PM4/23/12
to colony3
I guess my copy is the same as yours but I am always open to a "bit of
quality" esp. as I rather like "Nor..... by Night."

As to Google doing us in......Wot a good suggestion of yours that we
all meet up at "The Unmutual," They've always been very
hospitable.... it would give us somewhere to go rather than hanging
out on street corners causing trouble:)

But I do hope though that Moor can keep us all together... it's like a
home away from home here.

And I am not going towards any lights or circling any drains JUST yet,
and neither should you.... we shall hang on in there in the hopes of
more PMG finds..I am taking this new release of NTMbyN as a SIGN!!!

Chins up old girl

On Apr 23, 10:55 pm, "Linda Schley" <trollybrkte...@windstream.net>

carolinedunstable

Apr 23, 2012, 7:33:51 PM4/23/12
to colony3
Tks for the link, Moor, it's good to know that PMG is out there
waiting to be downloaded..

But I must admit I am "streamadverse." Having had one of my most
frustrating evenings ever while watching a "streaming" version....it
was on the ITV free site and not only was it difficult to see on my
lap-top screen (very hazy) every ten minutes there was an extensive ad
break...almost doubled the length of the film AND then some twit at
ITV cut/hadn't uploaded the final 10 minutes!!!!!! I was steaming,
rather than streaming.

After that I got myself a cheapie from ebay which is OK quality and
was at least complete so I could watch it on a decent screen size and
from a comfortable armchair with a nice cup of tea.. I would be quite
keen to obtain a "good" dvd of "Nor......Night" as the quality, is
usually enhanced by my blu-ray so I can usually count on a really good
image.

BTW I was watching "The Man in the Iron Mask" on E4 (or More 4 or
ITV3 whatever..) on Saturday afternoon and my goodness it LOOKED
really good....much better than the DVD (pukka) version I have.
Usually my blu-ray upgrades my DVDs but nothing like as well as
this....my copy is in the letterbox format...their version was really
HD, crystal clear image, fab colours and "himself" looked blooming
marvelous. If it was pan and scan (which I am not a great fan of) then
it was done really well but, of course it had originally been filmed
for TV, so that might explain it..

Moor Larkin

Apr 24, 2012, 12:16:30 PM4/24/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
The Blinkbox edition is better quality than my personal copy. I think it must have been the blinkbox version you watched because you are right, the end IS missing......... :-D))))

The first dvd I ever got of Dr. Syn AND Life For Ruth both had scrambled or missing endings too, so it must be a common transcripting errot that gets made on dvd's. Thankfully both films have been commercially released properly since. That dvd on Amazon is a home-made version though - with the high quality TV images these days though, there is nothing to say it won't be better than most video-taped versions. I think ABC in Australia show a lot of old Rank movies at night, so I daresay it's travelled from down-under. That's where my edition came from, but it was just supplied to me via a casual forum acquaintance.

Moor.

Linda Schley

Apr 24, 2012, 2:29:42 PM4/24/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
thanks everyone for the info about free movies on line. i have not done
much of that, as yet, but will investigate. it may be generational but i
like owning a hard copy and viewing on big screen while relaxing on
comfortable furniture with an accompanying beverage.(internet hooked to tv
next step) i plan to stick around for a bit longer, warner bros would miss
my annoying and persistent weekly epistles. as for nor the moon, dont miss
the scene after the rescue of Rusty where the two competing sirens are
fawning over him, complete with hand holding and caresses, he must have
liked that a little bit :) make note of smirk. they had him running around
so much in that movie, the safari clothes, land rovers, persistent ladies,
hints of the "galloping major". my copy of iron mask(store bought) is
excellent. the colors, costumes, and as some say "himself" are stunning.
love that movie less RC and more Fouquet.

The Unmutual

May 8, 2012, 4:14:20 AM5/8/12
to col...@googlegroups.com
Obviously I'm happy for us all to use any "Unmutual" online resource to keep
chatting should the worst happen and something happens to this group (really
hope it doesn't).

Rick

May 22, 2012, 11:59:30 AM5/22/12
to colony3
dear Valerie h.

OOO that sounds much better! Any clue to the link from ebay or seller
on ebay? I am now region free on my new blu-ray and can play dvds
from everywhere!

I take it you're a "Tales of the City" and Armistead Maupin fan