Google App Engine

André Tavares

May 25, 2011, 3:55:43 PM5/25/11
to Colony Users
Hi!

Does Colony support Google App Engine out-of-the-box?

João Magalhães

May 25, 2011, 8:24:26 PM5/25/11
to colony...@googlegroups.com
A short answer is NO as google app engine is a stateless based cloud computing solution.
Colony requires state, this is exactly the opposite of the typical MVC solutions like Django or Rails, and one of the main characteristics / advantages of colony.
It would be possible to try to put pressure at the google guys to provide colony in a different way, but I just think it would be incredible difficult as it would be really complex for them to implement a solution where the state is really a key factor.

We are planning to create our own colony based cloud computing solution for internal use, and then release it as a pilot program to some people.
Until that happens you will have to deploy colony in your own server :(.