permisson problems with fresh install

UHelp

Nov 7, 2011, 7:42:11 AM11/7/11
to Colony Users
Hi@all

Having downloaded
Hive Colony 1.0.0-alpha (Hive Solutions Lda. r17243:17243 Oct 31 2011)
Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Aug 07 2010, 16:54:59) [GCC]
and downloaded
http://hivesolutions.dyndns.org/integration_public/LATEST_SUCCESS/resources/colony-base-plugins_1.0.0_all.zip
I get on calling localhost:8080
colony web server - 500 Internal Server Error
error: 'Client request security violation: host not allowed:
localhost'
traceback:
File "/home/kalle/colony/plugins/main_service_http/http/
main_service_http_system.py", line 744, in default_request_handler
self._verify_request_information(request)
File "/home/kalle/colony/plugins/main_service_http/http/
main_service_http_system.py", line 2095, in
_verify_request_information
raise
main_service_http_exceptions.ClientRequestSecurityViolation("host not
allowed: " + hostname)

I can't log in at Colony console with admin/adin too.

How to manage that?
Where are these configs done?

As I'm going to work myself through all of colony, I think I could do
a german translation.
To avoid failures (and they are to come) I'd like to know, how this
should be done to be easily be integrated into the project.

tia Kalle

Luís Martinho

Nov 9, 2011, 1:52:48 PM11/9/11
to colony...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Thanks for posting, you found a really relevant problem.
I think I can help.
There have been some real changes with the configuration infrastructure in Colony.
In two words: modular configuration. Hopefully someone will write about it in more detail in the near future, but what it means is that configurations can now be loaded and unloaded in runtime (just like plugins).

What you need to do:

Unzip the file's contents into the colony directory
Go to colony/scripts/<platform>
Run colony_deploy --flush

Everything should work now.

What you just did:
1. Containers are a meta-package than can ship things like configuration files, the base plugin system and libraries
2. You downloaded the base containers, which have the base configuration files that will configure the plugins that were missing it.

Really hope this helps.

Cheers,
Luís Martinho

João Magalhães

Nov 14, 2011, 12:20:19 PM11/14/11
to colony...@googlegroups.com
We've just updated the documentation to reflect this installation change.