Importing colmap camera position to metashape

Carl Sansfaçon

May 16, 2021, 1:50:41 PM5/16/21
to COLMAP
Has anyone ever imported successfully colmap camera alignment into metashape ? Colmap alignment system is way better than metashape but metashape is way faster for the remaining steps. Thanks :)

AegeanSea Whu

May 18, 2021, 3:41:54 AM5/18/21
to col...@googlegroups.com
  1. Export the sparse reconstruction of colmap to BlocksExchange xml format;
  2. Add images to metashape;
  3. Import cameras and select  BlocksExchange format.

Carl Sansfaçon <carl.sa...@gmail.com> 于2021年5月17日周一 上午1:50写道:
Has anyone ever imported successfully colmap camera alignment into metashape ? Colmap alignment system is way better than metashape but metashape is way faster for the remaining steps. Thanks :)

Carl Sansfaçon

May 18, 2021, 9:48:31 AM5/18/21
to COLMAP
And how exactly do you export in BlocksExchange ? It's not in my export options. Thanks !
Carl

AegeanSea Whu

May 20, 2021, 12:43:36 AM5/20/21
to col...@googlegroups.com
BlocksExchange is an open source format, so I write a function to export the sparse reconstruction of colmap.
Carl Sansfaçon <carl.sa...@gmail.com> 于2021年5月18日周二 下午9:48写道:

Ali Karami

Aug 12, 2022, 6:16:16 AM8/12/22
to COLMAP
Hi Guys
I have the same problem. I have the COLMAP project, and I want to import the colmap alignment to metashape.
Would someone share a script in case you have to export BlocksExchange xlm format from colmap project?
best regards
Ali

Ali Karami

Aug 12, 2022, 8:02:10 AM8/12/22
to COLMAP
I solved it anyway.
You can export the data from Colmap with a *.nvm format which Metashape can recognize.

Ilia Shipachev

Aug 25, 2022, 8:34:33 AM8/25/22
to COLMAP
Hi Ali,

Thank you for this finding. I've tried it also and it worked out. But be aware that .nvm supports only simple camera models.