Geometric verification of manual matches

jhony

Oct 5, 2018, 9:29:09 PM10/5/18
to COLMAP
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to perform geometrical verification of raw matches added in the database file.
The idea would be: 1. Run feature extractor; 2. Open the database and add extra keypoints and raw matches; 3. Run Sequential Matching to match sift features found by COLMAP and geometrically verify the extra raw matches.
Would that be possible?
Thanks!

Johannes Schönberger

Oct 6, 2018, 11:11:22 AM10/6/18
to col...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Yes, this should be easily possible with a little script. Please have a look at scripts/python/database.py for an example how to add/modify/delete entries from the database.

Cheers,

Johannes

jhony

Oct 7, 2018, 11:25:21 PM10/7/18
to COLMAP
Thanks for the quick reply, Johannes.

I added extra keypoints and raw matches in the database with a script. However, when running the sequential matching COLMAP skips the ones I added.
I wonder if there is a way to disable the geometric verification somehow? So I could run the feature extractor + matching (raw only) and then add the extra raw keypoints/matches for later geometric verification.

Cheers.

Johannes Schönberger

Oct 8, 2018, 12:46:11 AM10/8/18
to col...@googlegroups.com
Please, provide a sequence of commands that you are executing to achieve this, otherwise I don’t understand exactly what you are doing and cannot help.

Digital Naturalism Laboratories

Aug 24, 2022, 9:51:59 PM8/24/22
to COLMAP
I am also trying to do this same thing. I have a script like the database.py ones

the new Two view geometries get added well. it even shows them in the database manager. but then when i run reconstruction, it just ignores all those nice matches i added.

oddw...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2022, 3:32:07 AM8/30/22
to COLMAP
Screenshot 2022-08-30 102526.JPG

Default settings in an project .ini file ignore two-view image features. Uncheck this option from the UI or modfy it in your project.ini file.

Digital Naturalism Laboratories

Aug 30, 2022, 11:49:15 AM8/30/22
to COLMAP
Im going to try that right now! thank you so much for replying!!! i hope it works out!

Digital Naturalism Laboratories

Aug 30, 2022, 12:22:49 PM8/30/22
to COLMAP
hahah i had been toying with that for months, and just never noticed that. Now my colmap with do a reconstruction (ends with 19,265 points), I can add manual matches to it, and do a reconstruction again with 100,000 extra points i added to two photos in the set, and it successfully runs and ends with 35,268 points. Thanks so much for your help, i will keep playing with this more!

Digital Naturalism Laboratories

Aug 30, 2022, 12:39:00 PM8/30/22
to COLMAP
correction, i added 10,000 extra points (not 100,000) and it then reconstructed with 35,268 which i found interesting