Raspberry PI ($25 single board computer)

Jason Hollis

Sep 7, 2011, 2:19:00 PM9/7/11
to coll...@googlegroups.com
This is definitely worth keeping an eye on.  I think i will get one to hack around with whenever they become available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Paul Eberhart

Sep 7, 2011, 2:35:35 PM9/7/11
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I've been pretty excited about that those. They look very much
like gumstix at 1/10 the cost, with a somewhat better programming
environment (self hosting distros instead of openembedded) and I/O
options (GPIO not on a f***ing hirose connector)... I need another
flavor of dev board like I need a hole in my head, but I still want
one when they become available.

> --

Paul Selegue Eberhart (PAPPP) - http://www.pappp.net/
Messages from this account may be in regard to PAPP...@gmail.com,
pse...@uky.edu or pse...@engr.uky.edu.

Derek Eggers

Sep 7, 2011, 5:36:54 PM9/7/11
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Wow! $25 w/ 1080 HDMI.  Sounds pretty cool.  If there is any savings on shipping, I'd join in on an order.  (no, I still have not done much with the arduino I bought.)

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Jason Hollis <jho...@jdubb.net> wrote:
This is definitely worth keeping an eye on.  I think i will get one to hack around with whenever they become available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Derek Eggers

Dustin Mays

Sep 7, 2011, 6:16:51 PM9/7/11
to coll...@googlegroups.com
If this thing can decode 1080p video and play it back smoothly, I
think it'd make a GREAT networked media terminal. Throw XBMC or
something on the root image, set up a NAS or media server, and stick
it in a nice little enclosure and let 'er rip!

Steffie Chou

Jan 7, 2017, 6:37:49 PM1/7/17
to Collexion
G6818 linux single board computer is very suitable for the field which does not need other industry peripheral extension, such as industry control, electricity, communication, medical, media, security, vehicle device, financial and consumer electronics, advertising machine, set top box, hand-held device, gaming device, display control and so on. Free of secondary development, users can embed the SBC directly into their own products. Meanwhile, it’s also applicable for universities, embedded engineers study or DIY.