btrfs open_tree() failed

Kai Baker

Nov 10, 2017, 5:29:11 PM11/10/17
to collexion
My system failed to suspend properly and now I get the error: open_ctree failed. Is my system completely fucked or is there a way to fix this?

nx

Nov 10, 2017, 6:24:03 PM11/10/17
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Not sure. Google isn't looking too hot, though https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=182505

"btrfs partition is suddenly unmountable [SOLVED don't use btrfs]"

Kai Baker

Nov 10, 2017, 6:30:18 PM11/10/17
to coll...@googlegroups.com
I did a btrfsck —readonly and there are a lot of “extent” errors. A lot of “wanted XXXX but found YYYY”. I think the only thing I can do is attempt a repair. However, there’s supposedly a lot of risk doing that. The partition is not mountable so idk how I can attempt a backup before I try it. I thought btrfs was finally safe to use since it was available with the Opensuse installation.

Brian

Kai Baker