CNC Router

David Hempy

May 2, 2020, 3:44:21 AM5/2/20
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Hey, folks...I've got an update on the CNC router...9 years later!

It has been in use at Kre8Now Makerspace for the past (4-ish?) years, serving many people well. As Kre8Now is gearing up to move to a new building (and wait until you see it...it is FANTASTIC), the router will not be making the move. Kre8Now recently added a 5x10 commercial CNC router to our toolset, and both machines will not fit in the new location.

We've put a lot of upgrades and maintenance into the machine over the years, and it will be bittersweet to see it go.

I'm currently considering options on what to do with it. It will probably be sold, but I wanted to give Collexion members -- especially those that contributed to and built it -- the opportunity to chime in on its destination. If you have an interest in it, reply hear or reach out to me directly - 859-351-2363.

Hack on,
-dave

Charlie Campbell

May 4, 2020, 10:28:24 AM5/4/20
to Collexion
Howdy, Dave! It's always a pleasant surprise to get a Collexion Group update. ;-)

I wasn't originally involved with this project – other than admiring it from the sidelines – but I'm considering a CNC build for my own workshop and may be interested in buying. Of course, I'll take a back seat to others with more sentimental attachments. :-)

Janine Hempy

May 4, 2020, 10:39:00 AM5/4/20
to coll...@googlegroups.com
It would be sweet if an old Collexioner could take it. :-)

Janine

David Hempy

May 4, 2020, 9:29:34 PM5/4/20
to coll...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to find a local, community home for it where we can still use it. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

If that doesn't pan out, I'll coordinate its sale and steer the proceeds toward new community projects. Since a DIY tool is difficult to put a value on, I think we'll list it on Ebay, with Collexion and Kre8Now members getting special consideration in the bidding.

It also needs a little work before it can be sold. The Z-axis shut down a few days ago. I haven't been over to diagnose it yet. Hopefully it's just a wiring issue.

Chime in if you have ideas. We have about two weeks to get it out of the makerspace, as Kre8Now moves to the new, upgraded building.

-dave