COVID-19 Vaccine Community Help (PHP/MySQL)

Chad Cottle

Jan 13, 2021, 11:13:07 AM1/13/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.  I hope this email group is still active.

I am on the Lexington/Fayette Vaccine Task Force and we are in need of help.  The Fayette County Health Department has a web app they are using for COVID-19 vaccine appointments.  It is built using the LAMP stack.  They are trying to bring this up to scale for city-wide (or larger) usage (it's currently just for a couple hundred folks at a time).

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in volunteering to help out with this?  They also have limited dollars to pay contractor's wages.

Please let me know and I'll make the introductions.

Thanks,
Chad

ben jeffries

Jan 13, 2021, 12:37:02 PM1/13/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com
I will help in any way i can; but that environment is not my professional expertise, so i'm probably not top of the list of people to contact; but i'll be more than happy to meet, discuss, advise and assist.  Just hit me up on here directly.

Mike Andrews

Jan 13, 2021, 12:45:14 PM1/13/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com

What's the architecture look like now?  Any load balancers at all yet, or is this on a single server?

Chad Cottle

Jan 13, 2021, 12:50:31 PM1/13/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.   A little more clarity.

The app is a stand alone built for the Health Department's needs.  It is pure LAMP with no frameworks in use.  The city would like to spin this up so that the city, hospitals, clinics, etc. can use it (think cloud platform with load balancing and instance spin up).

Hope this helps.

Thanks to those who have responded.  I'll be in touch.

Chad

Luke Murray

Jan 13, 2021, 1:05:59 PM1/13/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chad,

I’d be happy to help. I run the COVID testing group that is working out at Kroger Field and we have some folks on our dev team.

Shoot me a text and I’ll get back to you:

Best,
Luke

--
Awesome Inc™ | Create and Grow High Tech Startups

Joe

Jan 13, 2021, 1:51:04 PM1/13/21
to Collexion
I'm happy to help in some way. PHP isn't really a strong suit but I'm willing to help where I can.

becky mead

Jan 13, 2021, 7:57:53 PM1/13/21
to Collexion
Data engineer & recent grad of Awesome Inc's bootcamp here - I'd love to get involved!

Becky

becky mead

Jan 13, 2021, 7:57:55 PM1/13/21
to Collexion
Data engineer & recent grad of Awesome Inc's bootcamp here - I'd love to pitch in!

Becky

Chad Cottle

Jan 15, 2021, 4:05:01 PM1/15/21
to coll...@googlegroups.com
Hi All.  Quick follow-up.  I have sent your names and email addresses to Matt Bone who runs IT for the Health Department.

Thank you for your willingness to help.

Chad