H.E.A.L.T.H for Youths selected to participate in Queens Art Intervention

Heather Butts

Sep 4, 2014, 12:44:57 PM9/4/14
to health4youths_stud...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone! We are very excited to announce that we have been selected as a project for the #QueensArtInterventionDay on September 27th, 2014.  Our project is taking the poetry contest we've been working on binding the poems into a book for publication.  HUGE thank you to Joseph Carlough (http://www.josephcarlough.com/and Displaced Snail Publications for assisting us in this process and ALL the students who submitted poems.

For our project will be be handing out copies of the publication to members of the community in the Forest Hills/Kew Gardens section of Queens and we will have students reading portions of the book.

We want to thank everyone who has been a part of this effort and of course Yvonne Shortt and the Rego Park Green Alliance for choosing us to participate in this project.

We also want to thank Citizens Committee for connecting us with this amazing project!

If you are interested in a copy of the publication, please let us know. Also if you'd like to participate in this effort or attend the readings, we will update the facebook page with information in the next few days! You can also check out the QAI site here: https://www.facebook.com/QueensArtIntervention.