Software Freedom Day 北航站 最终细节及演讲嘉宾

l dd

Sep 18, 2009, 1:04:22 PM9/18/09
to song kewei, wang_phoebe, 刘静, zhenning.li, Martin Bähr, college-open-...@googlegroups.com
主题:用开源软件完成任务 (Use Open Source to Get Things Done)

时间:9月19日14点到18点
地点:北京航空航天大学 三号教学楼202教室 ( 从北航东门进去,正对是主楼,其北边的那栋楼即是)
GoogleMap:
http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=zh-CN&geocode=&q=%E5%8C%97%E4%BA%AC%E8%88%AA%E7%A9%BA%E8%88%AA%E5%A4%A9%E5%A4%A7%E5%AD%A6&sll=39.982982,116.351985&sspn=0.004045,0.009377&ie=UTF8&z=14&brcurrent=3,0x35f05410fbf08a97:0xea21de81a06d377b,0%3B5,0,0

流程:

Speaker 1:
2pm - 2:30pm
Mr. Wu Chang Jun, CSIP
胡昌军
发言人简介:
工业和信息化部软件与集成电路促进中心(CSIP)开源软件服务部 高级开发工程师
Topic:开源/自由 索取/奉献

Speaker 2:
2:40 - 3:10pm
EMC
张京城,郭杭博士
发言人简介:
张京城,EMC中国实验室研究员,2007年毕业于清华大学,获得硕士学位。主要研究方向为云计算安全和系统虚拟化技术等。
郭杭博士,EMC中国实验室研究员,2008年6月毕业于清华大学,获得博士学位,主要研究方向为信息检索,数据库系统等。
Topic: Open Source Software and Research 2.0

Speaker 3:
3:20pm - 3:50pm
CS2C(中标软件)
黄士林
发言人简介:
定制系统业务部 工程师
主要方向为分布式系统和并行计算,曾参与MPICH和RTEMS等开源项目。
目前从事IPTV系统的研发工作。
Topic:开源传万世

Speaker 4:
4pm - 4:30pm
Mr. Ollo Schwan
Topic: From Open Source Software to Open Source Software
Bio: Ollo has been using Free Software and Linux since 1997. He has
worked as a System Administrator and Systems Manager in England and
China. In Jan 2008 he founded with some others a little hobbyist group
learning about micro controllers and Open Source Hardware.

Speaker 5:
4: 40 - 5:10pm
Mr. Martin Bähr
Bio: Foresight Developer and Organizer of coding for fun
Topic: Migrating to Linux

Speaker 6:
5:20pm - 5:50pm
Nokia
Speaker: David Almstrom
发言人简介:
诺基亚Qt Development Frameworks 亚洲区销售负责人
Topic:
从自由软件至创新的消费电子产品,开源技术能给消费者带来什么样的好处? 来
自Qt的 成功案例。"

Pockey

Sep 20, 2009, 3:36:15 AM9/20/09
to College Open Source Society
Dear Dong Dong!

Excellent event of SFD2009 on Saturday! Keep the good work :) and
don't forget to submit report at the sfdchina.org website then you can
show us the link here!

Thanks,
Pockey

On Sep 19, 1:04 am, l dd <qql...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 主题:用开源软件完成任务 (Use Open Source to Get Things Done)
>
> 时间:9月19日14点到18点
> 地点:北京航空航天大学 三号教学楼202教室 ( 从北航东门进去,正对是主楼,其北边的那栋楼即是)

> GoogleMap:http://ditu.google.cn/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=zh-CN&geocode=&q=%E5%8C%...

kewei song

Sep 20, 2009, 9:21:45 AM9/20/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

Although, there were something happened, which was out of our controll.

But I have to say you did great job totally.

Kevin Song
COPU

l dd

Sep 20, 2009, 12:30:06 PM9/20/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all.

Because this is my first time to organize an activity, so I lacked
some experiences. I did something which is not very appropriate, But
I have learnt a lot from this activity. I will pay attention to this
problems.

At last, many thanks.

--myrice

鲍习武

Sep 20, 2009, 10:09:29 PM9/20/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
because...,so...
How 强大

Pockey Lam

Sep 20, 2009, 10:45:15 PM9/20/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

From this SFD2009, I found the biggest problem in organizing events at
Universities is the booking of the classroom, we had a lot of location
reported change of classroom many times before the events, and also last
minute change of classroom as well... how can we avoid this problem for
the booking of classroom? let's discuss here :)

Thanks,
Pockey

Wang Kunshan

Sep 21, 2009, 3:18:13 AM9/21/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
A tough question.

The classroom changed in BUPT because the officials of the university
irresponsibly scheduled two events to the same classroom. This
problem cannot be solved before the officials give up their
overbearing attitude toward their students.

I booked a classroom for another activity and was fed up with how
complicated the procedure was and how unfriendly the officials were.
Once upon a time, I need to book a classroom for a professor so that
he could introduce his laboratory to us students of the late junior
year. I had to write an application and it requires two seals from
our 院长 and 团委 respectively.

When I handed the application to the university's office of students.
The clerk told me that the word “演讲” was inappropriate for no reason
and asked me to get approved by my school. That's rediculous. Every
head of my school had approved my application before I sent it to
them. I went back, changed the word, added another seal, came again
and finally got approved.

When I asked the clerk in the office about why the word “演讲” was
inapropriate, the clerk grabbed the approvement away and threatened if
I keep on asking why, she would get this approvement back. I had to
give in.

Mr. Fang Binxing, the president of BUPT, was paying a lot of attention
to the students' complaint and some students had their problems solved
by directy emailing the president addressing the problem. However I
do not think this is the best solution. It solves the problem by
adding external pressure. It is like defeating violence with stronger
violence. The problem roots in the highly hierarchical structure of
Chinese universities.

This is an argument by a(nother) clerk from the university's student office.
http://forum.byr.edu.cn/wForum/disparticle.php?boardName=Talking&ID=3879742

See, everyone works under pressure of a somehow stronger power. They
suggested that the students should address their problem in a milder
way. But I really wonder if this would really work. Would they
really care if we do not send emails directly to our president?

I studied in UCSD this summer and was surprised about how friendly
their staff were.

In summary, the problem is, how should we address our problem and make
the change when we are students in Chinese universities? Do anyone
have previous experience or suggestions?

Kunshan Wang
21/9/2009

kewei song

Sep 21, 2009, 3:28:39 AM9/21/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
General speaking, BUPT SFD event was successful.
LU Shouqun and other speakers were all think so.
And there were 9 reporter come to the classroom, interview and take the picture.
It's good.
And they borrow the tempreture testing "GUN" for all audience.
It's wonderful.

So I have to say BUPT event is successful.
Kevin Song
China OSS Promotion Unoin

Frederic Muller

Sep 21, 2009, 4:10:38 AM9/21/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

As organizer of Beijing SFD 2007, and SFI board member/VP I also felt them same. I missed the "exhibition areas" which is a place where people can actually talk one-on-one and further discuss the concept of FOSS or see demos and such, however I was lucky enough to visit 3 places on Saturday and what I saw was great! A team of students who probably organized such a big event for the first time, did so very professionally despite difficult location arrangements and last minute scheduling for some.

We had similar issues with location in 2007 @ Tsinghua where we were asked 3 times to change room and exhibition place the month before the event. So it's not a real new problem. I'd like to say that having a teacher supporting students might help, but I don't even think so.

Nevertheless I truly believe that all students involved in the organization have learned a lot of things by doing it themselves versus going to a single event organized by professionals. I think they all have many ideas on how to improve for next year and this is where this is very important: not only you're building knowledge about marketing (promoting FOSS), organization (booking the room, printing materials, finding speakers), but also about meeting companies executive (a first step to your professional career), and taking notes to improve upon next year.

So my conclusion (sorry for the long email) is that SFD this year was a lot more beneficial to the community at large by introducing active participation which will result in stronger and more knowledgeable individuals for next year.

A big thank you on behalf of SFDChina.org and SFI. We will use our shared experience this year to try to replicate it around the world next year!

Congratulations!

Fred
SFI/SFDchina.org

monnand

Sep 21, 2009, 7:23:05 PM9/21/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
kewei song 写道:
> General speaking, BUPT SFD event was successful.
> LU Shouqun and other speakers were all think so.
> And there were 9 reporter come to the classroom, interview and take the
> picture.
> It's good.
> And they borrow the tempreture testing "GUN" for all audience.
> It's wonderful.
>
> So I have to say BUPT event is successful.

That's great! It's really a pity that I cannot attend such a great event
in BUPT and work with those wonderful guys.
--
Regards

Monnand
Email: mon...@gmail.com
GTalk: mon...@gmail.com

颜强

Sep 21, 2009, 9:05:28 PM9/21/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
thanks, kewei. We hope it will more successful in  next SFD, and we will do something to avoid problems that occured in 2009 SFD.