OSS Club in Beijing Normal University

pockey

Aug 7, 2009, 11:45:23 PM8/7/09
to College Open Source Society
Dear members,

I talked to a few students from Beijing Normal University the past few
weeks. They are very passionate and interested in Open Source so
planning to establish an Open Source Club inside their college.

Knowing that it's holiday at the moment, I wonder if we can arrange a
meeting anytime soon or maybe after the school day that is similar to
the one we did for helping Beihang (BUAA) to establish theirs
earlier :)

It would be nice to have organizers from Beiyou, Tsinghua, Beihang and
so on to join us so members from Normal University can gain experience
from others!

For the meeting time and place, any suggestion?

Regards,
Pockey

Pockey

Aug 8, 2009, 12:15:04 AM8/8/09
to College Open Source Society
Dear members,

On top of that Peking University is starting a Wiser-U club that aims
to make use of Open Source Software and teach each other how to use
webtools to do better research and education as the beginning
objective. I copied the email from Zhang Yi, Peking University, he
will join us for the upcoming meeting as well. Let's discuss on the
timing and venue here.

Email from ZhangYi, Peking University:

Hi Pockey!

It's nice to meet you!

Wish BLUG and Wiser-U can collaborate together to do some crazy and
creative things critically, as we both have curiousity on some common
things.

Btw, can you introduce me more about the free software day
programe and what can we do for this?

Basically, now what I wanna do is to develop the courses for some
webtools which are useful to students' science,education and research,
such as zotero,xmind,shiftspace,dimdim. In the first workshop, there
are a list of these webtools, but not everyone is familiar with all of
them. So we try to divide these list into some pieces and everyone
individually focous on one or two webtools, learn how to use them and
make a ppt or movie to show others how to use it. Then we come
together and teach each other these webtools, through this group
learning and discussion, we can learn better and faster. After this,
we wanna develop a short course,may be just a 3-hour lecture, to
introduce it to the freshers in the coming semester.

The idea is simple, but how to plan it and execute it need more
efforts. Now the good news is we have 7-8 members who are interested
in it and we'll have a meeting at 9:30 am on Saturday, Aug8,
discussing how to do it and assigning the task. If you have time,
welcome your participation.Thank you for your support!

Best~

Yi

--
Zhang Yi (章 益)
Dept. of Physics

Zhang Sen

Aug 8, 2009, 1:54:32 AM8/8/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 20:45 -0700, pockey wrote:
> I talked to a few students from Beijing Normal University the past few
> weeks. They are very passionate and interested in Open Source so
> planning to establish an Open Source Club inside their college.

I would like to join, but sorry I myself is still enjoying the vacation
at home :)

-jesse

Yi Zhang

Aug 8, 2009, 3:36:16 AM8/8/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com, poc...@beijinglug.org
Dear members,

Welcome to join WiserPKU group so that we can share with each other on the Open source software:
http://groups.google.com/group/wiserpku

Now we are developing the courses for some webtools which are useful to students' science,education and research,

http://www.wiser-u.net/wiki/doku.php?id=08_08_09

But not everyone is familiar with all of them. So we try to divide these list into some pieces and everyone individually focous on one or two webtools, learn how to use them and make a ppt or movie to show others how to use it. Then  we come together and teach each other these webtools, through this group learning and discussion, we can learn better and faster. After this,we wanna develop a short course,may be just a 3-hour lecture, to introduce it to the freshers in the coming semester.

We'll also put the courses, such as ppts and videos on our Wiser-U website,so everyone can have access to them easily.

Now we have 8 students in PKU preparing for this course, though we need more people to join us and contribute to this program, as there are many webtools in the list (click the link above). So if anyone feel interested in this program, please do not hesitate to contact me and attend our meeting next friday morning at 9:30 am on Aug 14, in the 3rd floor of CTB in PKU
The map is here:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102990142978274286453.00046ea25b33d43ce4f99&z=17

Best~

Yi

2009/8/8 Pockey <poc...@beijinglug.org>
Address: Chang chun xin yuan 1# 636, Peking University, Beijing, P.R.China 100871
Telephone Number:+86-10-52763033
Mobile Number: +86-13811680380
Email: zhang...@gmail.com

freeplant

Aug 8, 2009, 12:00:33 PM8/8/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com

If the meeting is not held in 8.22 ~ 8.30, I can attend it.

plt

Botu Sun

Aug 8, 2009, 1:09:51 PM8/8/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
暂时不在北京,预祝北京师范大学的开源俱乐部能取得成功!

孙伯图

Pockey Lam

Aug 9, 2009, 12:17:25 AM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi 伯图 and other members,

Actually the meeting will most likely host in early September after the
college starts and before the SFD event :)

Hence, I guess by the way you will be back to Beijing, and we can at the
same time talk about the OSS Club at 北科大. What do u think?

Pockey

Botu Sun

Aug 9, 2009, 2:42:24 AM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I need to arrange a meeting with our minister of school first to get some details and his attitude of this club.

子湛

Aug 9, 2009, 5:20:41 AM8/9/09
to College Open Source Society
Sorry to response so late! I'm 杨逸明 from Beijing Normal University. 4
of my schoolmates including me attended in the meeting of BLUG in
July, and at that night, Pockey advised us to set up an Open-Source
Club in my university. We were honored to contribe to this task, and
there will be more of my schoolmates to join us. Besides, in this
google-group, I have seen many friends show their wishes to help us. I
really appreciate your helping us. Glad to see you in next semester!

Pockey Lam

Aug 9, 2009, 8:47:36 AM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi 逸明 and Botu,

When is the new semester starts?

Pockey

Botu Sun

Aug 9, 2009, 10:16:48 AM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Pockey Lam 写道:
6th, Sept

子湛

Aug 9, 2009, 12:33:12 PM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
The new semester of BNU will start on Sept. 3rd.

2009/8/9 Pockey Lam <poc...@beijinglug.org>

--
Il faut manger pour vivre et non vivre pur manger.

Sun Light

Aug 9, 2009, 1:03:34 PM8/9/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I can attend the meeting about OSS in BNU if I have time then.
I stand for one old member from BUPT OSS(北邮开源软件协会). Anyone from BUPT OSS can go together :-)

2009/8/10 子湛 <bauer...@gmail.com>

--
孙廉焘 13811118472
工业和信息化部软件与集成电路促进中心

Pockey Lam

Aug 10, 2009, 4:21:42 AM8/10/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks LianTao, and of course you can introduce us the new leader of
BUPT OSS :)

kewei song

Aug 10, 2009, 8:36:23 PM8/10/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I can attend BNU OSS Club.

宋可为
中国开源软件推进联盟

xiuli

Aug 10, 2009, 8:45:33 PM8/10/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I would like to attend the meeting about OSS in BNU .

xiuli zhuang ,
Educational Technology,
Beijing Normal University
Email: xiuli....@gmail.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/xiuli
Skype: sociallearn
Blog: http://sociallearnlab.org/blog/

Caspar Zhang

Aug 10, 2009, 11:50:29 PM8/10/09
2009/8/10 Sun Light <sunli...@gmail.com>:

> I can attend the meeting about OSS in BNU if I have time then.
> I stand for one old member from BUPT OSS(北邮开源软件协会). Anyone from BUPT OSS can
> go together :-)

Me, too. As a member from BUPTOSS.

--
Best Regards,
张金利 (Caspar Zhang)

Red Hat Inc. (Beijing), Kernel Qualification Engineer
BUPT Opensource Software Society
Personal Blog: http://www.CasparAnt.com

Pockey

Aug 10, 2009, 11:53:05 PM8/10/09
to College Open Source Society
Thanks a lot!

So We will have the founder of the Beiyou OSS Club, Songkewei, myself
and a few other students from Normal University and Peking
Universities so far.

I will invite Jesse, the founder of Beihang OSS Club and members from
Tsinghua University to join as well.

Let's target to host the meeting on the 1st week of September? what do
you guys think?

Any other member would love to join, just give your thoughts here.

Regards,
Pockey

On Aug 11, 8:45 am, xiuli <xiuli.zhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to attend the meeting about OSS in BNU .

> xiuli zhuang ,
> Educational Technology,
> Beijing Normal University
> Email: xiuli.zhu...@gmail.com

Pockey Lam

Aug 11, 2009, 4:08:48 AM8/11/09
to Yi Zhang, college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yi,

I posted your project idea on the BLUG website as well and I will try to
find you mentors / speakers / lecturers to guide your project.

Will keep you posted if I got any response.

Pockey

Pockey

Aug 11, 2009, 1:03:20 PM8/11/09
to College Open Source Society
Dear team,

I talked to Yiming from Normal University this evening, the meeting
will most likely be on the 1st week of September, I hope you are all
coming back to Beijing at that moment. Yiming will discuss with his
team and check the location inside Normal university, if it is not
allowed, maybe it can be hosted in Tsinghua, beihang or Beiyou, let's
wait for Yiming's update.

The objective is to help Normal University and 北科大 (maybe also Peking
University) starting their Open Source Club / Society :) so your
participation is very valuable and helpful!

By the way my bad, I missed a few important members:

So we will have (idealy :)

1) plt (freeplant) from Tsinghua OSS Club
2) Sunliantao and Casper from BUPT
3) botu from 北科大
4) Songkewei from COPU
5) Jesse from Beihang OSS Club
6) Normal University students including Yiming and his team
7) Zhangyi from Peking University
8) myself Pockey from BLUG
9) XiaoShi and others if you want to join as well

Hi Botu,
Sure you can talk to them and update us here later, but feel free to
invite them to join the meeting as well!

Thanks,
Pockey
> >http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=1029901429782...
> > Email: zhangyi....@gmail.com

Joker Lee

Aug 12, 2009, 10:16:55 AM8/12/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I would like to join, too. Joker Lee from BUPT OSS

刘辉

Aug 12, 2009, 9:10:32 PM8/12/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I‘d like to attend the meeting in BNU.

子湛

Sep 2, 2009, 11:21:26 PM9/2/09
to College Open Source Society
Sorry to reply so late! I've just finished my internship in ETC of
China Software Inc. and come back to my college. We have decided to
hold the meeting on the evening of Sept 5, namely this Saturday.
Yesterday I called the teacher who manage the auditorium of our
college to ask for her support, but unfortunately she was having a
meeting out of Beijing. So if the meeting is held in our university,
we can only get a normal classroom to be the place because the start
day of our university has been adjourned to Sept 7. Er... Is that OK?

Pockey Lam

Sep 3, 2009, 1:19:53 AM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Dear 子湛,

Great to hear from you again! Saturday evening is okay for me. What time
exactly and where exactly?

How about the other members who will join, is the schedule okay for you?

Thanks,
Pockey

子湛

Sep 3, 2009, 3:43:42 AM9/3/09
to College Open Source Society
Well, the meeting is planned to start at 19:00. And it will be held
right in our university. We'll contact the relevant building manager
to get the classroom tonight. Then members in BNU will have a
preparation meeting tomorrow. If all things goes well, we'll send some
members to go to the school gate to guide the friends from outside the
university. ^_^

Pockey Lam

Sep 3, 2009, 3:56:49 AM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Nice :)

So who else can join on Saturday?

Regards,
Pockey

Caspar Zhang

Sep 3, 2009, 4:11:20 AM9/3/09

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Pockey Lam <poc...@beijinglug.org> wrote:

Nice :)

So who else can join on Saturday?

I'll come.

子湛

Sep 3, 2009, 4:16:01 AM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
OK! I'll show information about how to get to BNU later.

Botu Sun

Sep 3, 2009, 4:22:55 AM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Zhang Sen

Sep 3, 2009, 7:20:49 AM9/3/09
On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 15:56 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> So who else can join on Saturday?

Saturday the 5th of September is also coding for fun :( I am afraid I
can't join you.

子湛

Sep 3, 2009, 11:28:16 AM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, God! I'm really want to attend the meeting of Coding For Fun... Faint...

Grissiom

Sep 3, 2009, 8:30:52 PM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com

Not only Coding for Fun, but also CPyUG party:

时间:2009年9月5日 中午13:00
地点:北京市海淀区北四环西路58号 理想国际大厦20层1号会议室

--
Cheers,
Grissiom

Grissiom

Sep 3, 2009, 8:33:22 PM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com

More about this:
http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/BPUG/2009-09-05

--
Cheers,
Grissiom

子湛

Sep 3, 2009, 8:47:16 PM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
OK. I'll consult with my partners about adjourning our meeting one day.

Pockey Lam

Sep 3, 2009, 11:33:22 PM9/3/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it's a bit short notice, since a lot of people wanna joined before
they haven't replied yet, maybe let's move it a bit further so more
people can have time to response, it can be weekday evening, 6:30pm or
7pm? what do u guys think?

Pockey

Sep 4, 2009, 8:32:44 AM9/4/09
to College Open Source Society
Hi 子湛,

I got feedback from song ke wei and Sun lian tao who wanted to join
the meeting earlier. They are a bit confused if we still have the
meeting or not tomorrow.

So please confirm if we cancel tomorrow's meeting or not by today. If
cancel, please inform us all here.

Thanks,
Pockey

PS: last minute change is not a good idea, please take note.

On Sep 4, 11:33 am, Pockey Lam <poc...@beijinglug.org> wrote:
> Hi, it's a bit short notice, since a lot of people wanna joined before
> they haven't replied yet,  maybe let's move it a bit further so more
> people can have time to response, it can be weekday evening, 6:30pm or
> 7pm? what do u guys think?
>
> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:47 +0800, 子湛 wrote:
> > OK. I'll consult with my partners about adjourning our meeting one
> > day.
>
> > 2009/9/4 Grissiom <chaos.pro...@gmail.com>
> >         On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 19:20, Zhang Sen<zh.je...@gmail.com>

子湛

Sep 4, 2009, 9:10:35 AM9/4/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
I'm really sorry. I've been out of school for the whole day. We'll meet tonight, and it is no doubt that we'll adjourn the meeting. But the precise date will have to be led to our discussion tonight. Just wait a moment and I'll reply later this night.

Pockey

Sep 4, 2009, 10:26:45 AM9/4/09
to College Open Source Society
Dear ALL,

So the meeting schedule is canceled, so no more meeting on Saturday
7pm. Please note.
We will wait for 子湛 's notice later.

Hi 子湛,

Please try to give 1 week advance notice for the next schedule so
members can plan for their time :)

Thanks,
Pockey

子湛

Sep 4, 2009, 11:47:56 AM9/4/09
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pockey,

Well, considering that next Tuesday will be the monthly meeting of BLUG, we'd like to put our meeting on the evening of either Sunday or Monday. That depends on the schedules of our friends from BLUG and other universities. If Sunday is still not available, we can hold it on Monday, for it will not be that busy at the beginning of semester.

Sorry to trouble you so much. And I'm really appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Waiting for your response.

Pockey Lam

Sep 6, 2009, 4:49:33 AM9/6/09