website/wiki

1 view

Frederic Muller

Jan 5, 2010, 9:19:52 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

by the way we do have the domain name and Candis has the space ready
(for about a year). So if anyone is interested to install your wiki of
choice and do the admin, while others can enrich the site with their
contributions, just email me directly.

Not sure about getting an ICP account though, considering the recent
changes of legislation. Something we need to look at as well.

Fred

Botu Sun

Jan 5, 2010, 9:22:52 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
If you want to fund a OSS-college website, I can host it in CERNET, no
ISP account was needed.

But it will be slow when you try to access from Unicom/Telecom

Botu

Frederic Muller

Jan 5, 2010, 9:28:19 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
ISP or ICP?

Botu Sun

Jan 5, 2010, 9:28:58 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, ICP Beian

Frederic Muller

Jan 5, 2010, 9:36:48 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Well thanks for the offer. Then the choice is really about knowing
where the people contributing and accessing the site are connecting
from. What do you guys think?

Fred

ericyosho

Jan 5, 2010, 9:44:25 PM1/5/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
If this site is students or colleges oriented, it's better to be
settled on the CERNET, cause almost every college has access to
CERNET.

If you guys have ambitions to attract wider audience, maybe CERNET is
not a good choice.

Zhe