Moonos maintainer looking for C developers to join the project

Frederic Muller

Jan 6, 2010, 1:41:57 AM1/6/10
to college-open-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Moonos is a community driven distribution based on Ubuntu and bringing elegance and speed (either through enlightenment or LXDE) to it. Currently Moonos tools are written in GTK but the founder and maintainer wishes to migrate to Elementary (including tablet support) and needs some help as it involves quite a lot of work. Another aspect would be to add similar functionalities as this website http://linuxmint.com/software/ to the moonos website.

So if anyone always wanted to be part of making of distribution and has any of the following skills:
  • C programmer that have experience with Linux
  • Python programmer that have experience with GTK+
  • MySQL and PHP programmer

please contact Chanrithy (or Rithy) directly to his email address at 12rithy (at] gmail (dot] com.

FWIW Rithy is a 17 years old Cambodian who discovered computers and Linux (after not liking Windows) 2 years ago. I think it's a great opportunity to learn from and with someone very passionate and knowledgeable about Linux, Open Source and  technology. Definitely a lesson of humility for those of us lucky enough to study computer science in university and not contribute more.

Any further questions you can also email me and I'll try to address them.

Fred
Beijing LUG