weekly notes and new agenda for the MLCommons "education and reproducibility" conf-call

Grigori Fursin

Oct 11, 2022, 1:13:04 PM10/11/22
to Arjun Suresh (OctoML)
Dear All,

We would like to thank everyone for their active participation and
feedback about our new MLCommons education and reproducibility
initiative - very exciting!

Please find the notes from our last conf-call and tentative agenda for
the next conf-call at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMNK1m_LhWm6jimZK6YE05hu4VH9usdbKJ3nBy-ZPAw
. Feel free to comment!

Looking forward to further discussions,
Grigori Fursin and Arjun Suresh

-------------------
Grigori Fursin
* Vice President at OctoML.ai (MLOps)
* Author of the MLCommons benchmarking meta-framework (CK)
* A founding member of the ACM taskforce on reproducibility

Grigori Fursin

Oct 20, 2022, 9:00:39 AM10/20/22
to Arjun Suresh (OctoML)
Hi all,

Based on your requests, we are planning to make a demo of the CM automation workflows with modular Docker containers to make it easier to run and reproduce MLPerf inference benchmarks during our weekly conf-call today.

Please find the agenda and the notes for our conf-call here.

Looking forward to your comments and further suggestions,

Grigori Fursin

Nov 30, 2022, 10:18:57 AM11/30/22
to Grigori Fursin
Hi All,

Please find our agenda for the conf-call tomorrow (Dec 1, 2022): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMNK1m_LhWm6jimZK6YE05hu4VH9usdbKJ3nBy-ZPAw

After successfully validating our modular CK2 workflow to reproduce several reference implementations of the MLPerf inference benchmark at SuperComputing'22, we are ready to start modularizing and documenting other "non-reference" (optimized) implementations (Nvidia, Qualcomm, Neural Magic, Intel), adding power measurements, automating design space exploration experiments and visualizing results - we are very interested in your suggestions and feedback to prioritize our developments.

We also plan to use this public mailing list for further announcements - you will receive an invite shortly.

Thank you and looking forward to further discussions,
Grigori

Grigori Fursin, PhD
* Vice President of MLOps at OctoML
* Author of the MLCommons CK automation meta-framework