urgent: looking for more artifact evaluators for ASPLOS'20

Grigori Fursin

Dec 7, 2019, 6:38:25 AM12/7/19
to Collective Knowledge
Dear all,

We have exciting and scary news about Artifact Evaluation at ASPLOS'20 (the ACM conferences on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems): we received a record number of 43 artifacts!

It's really great to see such support for the reproducibility initiative. However, it also means that we need more evaluators than expected.

If you interested to help evaluate artifacts or would like to nominate senior PhD students, postdocs, researchers and engineers with related skills (particularly if they already participated in the past Artifact Evaluation) please send us the contact details and a few sentences about their related experience before the 11th of December:

* Grigori Fursin <grigori...@codereef.ai>
* Vijay Janapa Reddi <v...@eecs.harvard.edu>
* Thierry Moreau <mor...@cs.washington.edu>

You can find more information about the ASPLOS AE process and deadlines at ReproIndex.com/event/repro-asplos2020 .

Thank you for your help,

Grigori Fursin, Vijay Janapa Reddi and Thierry Moreau

ASPLOS AE organizers

Davide Del Vento

Dec 7, 2019, 7:44:41 AM12/7/19
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grigori,

I may be available depending on some details regarding the deadline, the required hardware (as you know I have access to some HPC machines) and software (but e.g. the machines I have access to do not support container tech), the expected workload etc. Please let me know more details, possibly privately to my email ddvento at ucar dot edu as appropriate.

Have a great weekend,

Davide Del Vento,
NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
Consulting Services Software Engineer
http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/uss/csg/
SEA Chair http://sea.ucar.edu/
office: Mesa Lab, Room 55G
phone:  (303) 497-1233

Grigori Fursin

Dec 9, 2019, 6:42:10 AM12/9/19
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, David!

We may need an access to non-virtualized HPC resources indeed!  Note that evaluators will be able to see all artifacts to provide their preferences in case they want to review specific artifacts and they have an access to required resources.

Since it's the first time we organize AE at ASPLOS, the process will be lightweight, i.e. we will be checking the availability and functionality/reusability of artifacts ... We expect evaluators to review a couple of artifacts ... The deadline to finish evaluation is on the 15th of January.

I added you to the ASPLOS AE HotCRP to let you have a look at artifacts and see if you can help! I will send you more details using your private email!

Thanks again and have a good week,
Grigori

Davide Del Vento

Dec 10, 2019, 4:23:51 PM12/10/19
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grigori,

Thanks for the explanation. I logged into the reviewer website and poked around. I found a couple of things that I might be able to work on. Please let me know how to proceed (e.g. should I just try those, should I wait for you to make assignments since there may be more people available for one than another, etc).

Cheers,

Davide Del Vento,
NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
Consulting Services Software Engineer
http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/uss/csg/
SEA Chair http://sea.ucar.edu/
office: Mesa Lab, Room 55G
phone:  (303) 497-1233

Grigori Fursin

Dec 11, 2019, 5:08:50 AM12/11/19
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, Davide.
We plan to finalize the ASPLOS AE committee tonight and will then ask all AE members to provide their preferences before the end of this week.
We will then make assignments taking all preferences in the account, and we plan to start the evaluation process next week ...
I will keep in touch about that!
Thanks again for your help - very appreciated,
Grigori