how to use different python versions for ck?

John Martin

Apr 19, 2020, 6:23:21 AM4/19/20
to Collective Knowledge Technology
Hello! I installed ck using python2 and ck picks it up ok:

CK version: 1.12.3.1

Python executable used by CK: /usr/bin/python

Python version used by CK: 2.7.15+ (default, Jul  9 2019, 16:51:35)

[GCC 7.4.0]

After I installed ck using python3 I can see that it uses the last python version:

CK version: 1.12.3.1

Python executable used by CK: /usr/bin/python3

Python version used by CK: 3.6.8 (default, Aug 20 2019, 17:12:48)

[GCC 8.3.0]

I want to use ck in my CI environment with several python versions at the same time. Can I do it without re-installing ck all the time?

thank you for this interesting project.

-John

John Martin

Apr 19, 2020, 7:46:04 AM4/19/20
to Collective Knowledge Technology
Something else that I've noticed during tests. Travis can fail when I add ck as a dependency to my project with a message "package writes outside sandbox". Any ideas why? thanks!

Anton Lokhmotov

Apr 19, 2020, 7:48:58 AM4/19/20
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

You can define an environment variable e.g. CK_PYTHON=python3.6 for CK to run under that particular version of Python.

There is also a way to do this via a config file but I don't remember the details.

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers, Anton.

Anton Lokhmotov

Apr 19, 2020, 7:51:18 AM4/19/20
to collective...@googlegroups.com
That's weird. We'll investigate.

Please consider joining the CK Slack: https://cknowledge.org/join-slack

Cheers, Anton.

Grigori Fursin

Apr 19, 2020, 9:25:54 AM4/19/20
to collective...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I actually encountered this problem some time ago and I think I know what the problem is. I am now preparing a new version of CK and will check it. Can I ask you to open an issue on https://github.com/ctuning/ck/issues please so that I don't forget ;) ?

Thank you for reporting this issue and for your interest,
Grigori

John Martin

John Martin