Critical cataloguing projects in museums – looking for interview participants

Erin Canning

Nov 29, 2023, 9:55:36 AM11/29/23
to Collections as Data
Critical cataloguing projects in museums
University of Oxford Ethics Approval Reference: R81821/RE001

Dear all,

As part of my DPhil at the University of Oxford (“Novel applications of computational methods in addressing problematic terminology in V&A Museum catalogues”), I am looking to conduct semi-structured interviews with adult individuals involved in critical cataloguing and terminology review projects or initiatives in museums. You will be asked to take part in a one-on-one interview to discuss the critical cataloguing work taking place at your museum, and your thoughts and experiences around critical cataloguing more broadly. Interviews will take place online using Microsoft Teams and are expected to take 30-45 minutes. I am looking to speak with individuals who work at, for, or with a museum and participate in critical cataloguing, terminology review, or related projects. You do not have to be employed by a museum directly to participate, but the critical cataloguing project does need to address museum data.

If you are interested and would like more information, please contact me at erin.canning[at]eng.ox.ac.uk. There is no obligation to take part.

Thank you!

Erin Canning
DPhil student, University of Oxford