FW: Opportunity to participate in project exploring the future of professional education in LIS

Sklar, Annelise

Jan 19, 2024, 1:22:01 PMJan 19
to collecti...@googlegroups.com

Hi friends,

You may be familiar with the LIS Education and Data Science Integrated Network Group (LEADING) initiative, which pairs LIS students and early career librarians with data science projects at member institutions.

I wanted to share information about a new component project, DATALIS, which is using design thinking methodologies to look ahead and envision future innovative opportunities in this area.

There will be a virtual workshop Wednesday January 24 that may be of interest – description and registration is via Eventbrite.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/datalis-learn-tickets-777764002067?aff=oddtdtcreator

More information below and at https://datalis.design/

Thanks,

Annelise

Annelise Sklar (she/her)

Assistant Director, Scholarship Tools and Methods Program

Librarian for Political Science, Law & Society, International Studies, and International Documents

The Library | University of California, San Diego | 9500 Gilman Dr. #0175R | La Jolla, CA 92093-0175

ask...@ucsd.edu

ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0492-748X

If you publish in academia, you should have an ORCID. Sign up, it’s free!

The UC San Diego community holds great respect for the land and the original people of the area where our campus is located. The university is built on the un-ceded territory of the Kumeyaay Nation. Today, the Kumeyaay people continue to maintain their political sovereignty and cultural traditions as vital members of the San Diego community. We acknowledge their tremendous contributions to our region and thank them for their stewardship.

Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/asklar