cpu data collection in percentage than jiffy

man...@moz.com

Jun 17, 2015, 6:35:16 PM6/17/15
to collectd-...@googlegroups.com
HI All

My collectd.conf on Ubuntu trusty (14.04) looks like

LoadPlugin cpu
<Plugin cpu>
    PerCpuStatistic true
    ScaleTo100      false
</Plugin>

However my log on restart of collectd service keep throwing the message

2015-06-17 15:07:17] Found a configuration for the `cpu' plugin, but the plugin isn't loaded or didn't register a configuration callback.
[2015-06-17 15:07:17] Found a configuration for the `cpu' plugin, but the plugin isn't loaded or didn't register a configuration callback.
[2015-06-17 15:07:17] Initialization complete, entering read-loop.

Any pointers will be really useful : What is looking for is to change the jiffy to percentage so the data starts making more sense on graphs

Thanks for help.

Manish

Matthew Sims

Aug 12, 2015, 7:07:09 PM8/12/15
to Collectd-web Users
Hello! I'm interested in understanding this as well. Attempting to add the following:

<Plugin cpu>
  ReportByState true
  ReportByCpu true
  ValuesPercentage true
</Plugin>

Also getting the following error:

Willem D'Haese

Sep 21, 2015, 8:14:04 AM9/21/15
to Collectd-web Users
Same question for me.

I also have this config:

<Plugin cpu>
        ReportByState true
        ReportByCpu true
        ValuesPercentage true
</Plugin>

But the values seem still to be in jiffy, although the docs state

ValuesPercentage false|true

This option is only considered when both, ReportByCpu and ReportByState are set to true. In this case, by default, metrics will be reported as Jiffies. By setting this option to true, you can request percentage values in the un-aggregated (per-CPU, per-state) mode as well.

I managed to get it somehow working however by choosing derivative in Grafana, although i'm not 100 % sure if it's correct.

Any input on this is welcome..

Dmitry Ryobryshkin

Jan 28, 2016, 5:38:24 AM1/28/16
to Collectd-web Users
Same problem.

Stanislav Krasnoyarov

Feb 10, 2016, 4:49:57 AM2/10/16
to Collectd-web Users
It worked for me to remove collectd-core package which was 5.4 and reinstall collectd afterwards.

Pratima Boddepalli

Nov 15, 2016, 4:06:49 AM11/15/16
to Collectd-web Users
it works for 5.5 and above versions of collectd.
refer to release notes of 5.5