[Question] Can I have 2 different writer plugins in Collectd with different set of values being written?

Ashish Kalbhor

Oct 4, 2017, 12:49:19 PM10/4/17
to Collectd-web Users
Hi,

I want to route 2 sets of metrics from multiple reader plugins into 2 different writer plugins: write_influx and write_http.
Is it possible to do so in collectd? If yes, how does the configuration change?

Thanks!

mssm

May 10, 2018, 1:38:19 AM5/10/18
to Collectd-web Users
This should be possible a post cache chain configuration. Pasting the example from:

Chains Example

A common requirement is the ability to direct selected metrics toward the 'write_http' plugin, while continuing to process other metrics via another write plugin:

Synopsis

LoadPlugin write_http
<Plugin "write_http">
  <Node "example_node">