collectd sends decimal values towards graphite

akhilj...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2016, 12:28:46 PM12/3/16
to Collectd-web Users

Hello,

I am sending data from collectd to graphite DB. I can see that my application increments the counter by 1, but collectd sends a value of 0.9999 or sometimes 0.100031 towards graphite ( captured in tcpdump).

As per collectd doc (refer https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Data_source) , if i am using data source as counter, the value should be 0.1 (assuming my application has increased the counter value by 1 in 10 seconds)

Any idea why collectd is not sending value as 0.1 and why it sending 0.9999 ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
-AJ