Paging and nr of page results

Yimmiy

Jan 31, 2010, 8:20:34 AM1/31/10
to collecta developer
The search "http://api.collecta.com/search?q=dasha
category:story&api_key=###&rpp=10&page=1&format=atom" results in the
wanted 1o items. However when setting the page to nr 2 and it seems
that it doesnt return the next 10 items, but that it shifts the
results up by one item, showing items 2 till 11. It does so for 16
pages until the last item is shown.

However when setting rrp to 50, paging forward from 1 till ### it
seems to behave differently, still giving 50 results back even when
page nr is 14. In my opinion this conflicts with my previous queries.

Is there something in the behavior of paging (rrp and page) that I
have overlooked?

Kind regards, Roger L Peters (adding collecta to the api based search
engine yimmiy.com).

Christopher Zorn

Feb 1, 2010, 9:09:12 AM2/1/10
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
Its better to use 'since_id' and 'after_id' instead of 'page'. This is because the data is always moving.
However, there does seem to be something odd with what is happening in your query and it will be looked into.

Thanks.

Yimmiy

Feb 4, 2010, 4:35:27 PM2/4/10
to collecta developer
Thanks Christopher.

I will be looking forward to hearing what your have discovered.

Kind regards, Roger