Unique IDs for the results

1 view

stoyan

Dec 8, 2009, 9:25:58 PM12/8/09
to collecta developer
Is there something like an unique ID for every result for the
searches? If for example I got a result from some real-time search
(like a twitter update) and publish it somewhere (for example again on
twitter) will this create a loop - the same result find again and
posted again and again?

Christopher Zorn

Dec 8, 2009, 9:59:49 PM12/8/09
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
It could, the <id/> element should be unique.

I don't think I fully understand the question though. What are you trying to do?

stoyan

Dec 8, 2009, 10:42:20 PM12/8/09
to collecta developer
On Dec 9, 11:59 am, Christopher Zorn <christopher.z...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I don't think I fully understand the question though. What are you trying to
> do?
Like I told in one of my posts ('News via XMPP' thread) I made my bot
to also post the results from the real-time searches to FriendFeed. So
I was warred what will happends if Collecta start indexing also
FriendFeed - will my posts appear in the search results again and
again, creating infinite loop?

Jack Moffitt

Dec 9, 2009, 1:55:22 AM12/9/09
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
> Like I told in one of my posts ('News via XMPP' thread) I made my bot
> to also post the results from the real-time searches to FriendFeed. So
> I was warred what will happends if Collecta start indexing also
> FriendFeed - will my posts appear in the search results again and
> again, creating infinite loop?

I believe that we will drop posts from the same source that have the
same Atom id. As long as you don't modify that, it should be fine.
Also, specifically our friendfeed tap (though it is not currently in
production) drops the non-original first post in a thread, and only
passes through the original comments, etc.

jack.