widget: browser focus option

BetaDom

Mar 24, 2010, 9:24:31 AM3/24/10
to collecta developer
Hi, I would like to implement an option:

- whilst the browser is not in focus stop updating content
- when browser in focus, keep updating

Anyone knows how to implement such a functionality for the widget?
Thanks, BD

Mick Thompson

Mar 25, 2010, 1:20:59 AM3/25/10
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
- whilst the browser is not in focus stop updating content
- when browser in focus, keep updating

Anyone knows how  to implement such a functionality for the widget?

We are always looking to add more options to the Collecta real-time widget, but that isnt currently possible.  Most browsers implement security restrictions between a webpage and an iframe load on that page (which is how the Collecta widget is embedded) that prevent that kind of interaction.

How are you planning on using the widget?  Is there something else we could do to help complete the same goal?

_Mick