Total Results Anomaly

Shaun

Sep 20, 2010, 4:36:02 AM9/20/10
to collecta developer
Dear anyone-who-might-be-interested.. :)

i have an interesting situation with the results i am receiving from
collecta.
below is the extract of the bit that i would like to highlight:

<opensearch:totalResults>77</opensearch:totalResults>
<opensearch:itemsPerPage>100</opensearch:itemsPerPage>

as you can see, total results for this search is 77.
I made the API call with 'RPP' set at 100.

when i decided to count the results in the ATOM feed, i counted 100,
not 77. so i'm confused.. if there are supposed to be 77 results, why
were there 100? is it because of my RPP?

Shaun

Christopher Zorn

Sep 20, 2010, 8:24:49 AM9/20/10
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
That is very wrong. :) You should have gotten 77. Do you mind sharing your query?

Shaun

Shaun

Sep 21, 2010, 1:22:02 AM9/21/10
to collecta developer
This is the URL i used:

http://api.collecta.com/search?q=%22Football%20Manager%22&api_key=[API
KEY]&rpp=100

The query is "Football Manager" as a phrase. the result count this
morning was 87, so i hope you're still able to replicate this error by
the time u try it.

Christopher Zorn

Sep 21, 2010, 2:09:36 PM9/21/10
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. The problem is being addressed and hope to deploy a fix soon.

Christopher Zorn

Sep 30, 2010, 12:42:50 PM9/30/10
to collecta-...@googlegroups.com
The problem should be corrected. If you find anything else let us know.

http://api.collecta.com/search?q=%22Football%20Manager%22&rpp=100

Thanks!