Funding for travel available through the Software Sustainability Institute's Fellowship 2014

Aleksandra Pawlik

Sep 18, 2013, 7:52:34 AM9/18/13
to coll...@googlegroups.com
** apologies for cross-posting **

We are launching Fellowships with £3000 funding for travel,
collaboration and running events. The Software Sustainability
Institute Fellowship Programme 2014 recognises outstanding UK-based
researchers who use software.

The deadline for the applications is 27th September 2013 at 5 PM BST
Apply now to become a Fellow: http://tinyurl.com/SSI-funding

Fellows advise the Institute on important software, evangelise
software practices and champion the adoption of best-of-breed
software. Fellows will contribute to our blog, and are supported in
advertising their own research.

The Programme launch event was held via a webinar on 12th September -
the full recording from the webinar is available here:
http://tinyurl.com/SSI-webinar

--Who we are looking for--

We are seeking fifteen outstanding researchers at different stages in
their career, from PhDs to Professors, and from a wide range of
research disciplines in science, technology, engineering as well as in
arts and humanities. Successful Fellows will have a demonstrable
knowledge and visibility in their community and have excellent
communication skills.

--Funding--

The £3000 funding is flexible and can be used for travel to
conferences, setting up and running workshops, starting new
collaborations or hosting/teaching at Software Carpentry training
events.

--Important information and dates--

The closing date for applications is 27th September 2013, 5PM BST.

Tuesday 22 October 2013 - Candidates will know whether they have been
shortlisted.

Wednesday 13 November 2013 - Face-to-face selection day in Manchester
for those shortlisted - please hold the date! (note if you are unable
to make this date for valid reasons then we may be able to make
alternative arrangements; however in person candidates will have first
preference on places)

Wednesday 27 November 2013 - the successful candidates will be offered
the Fellowships

Friday 6 December - The set of Institute's Fellows for 2014 officially announced

Fellowships last thirteen months and are available from 1 January 2014
through 31 March 2015.

--Questions--
If you have any questions, please contact the Institute: in...@software.ac.uk.

--