Enhancing Colibri's web search features?

.cruise

Jan 6, 2009, 3:36:58 PM1/6/09
to Colibri Talk
Hi, I must I was more than excited when I ran into this program. Being
a Mac nerd at home, and using Quicksilver all the time, I have been
looking for an alternative for Windows at my work.

Can you use the web search function to search via/with other websites
than Google?

Or lets say that I would like to be able to search within a wiki on a
certain domain. Would I be able to integrate that in a clever way into
Colibri?

Just tried changing the theme to Quicksilver. Whoah, this is really
nice.

.Cruise

Dreadnaut

Jan 6, 2009, 6:34:19 PM1/6/09
to Colibri Talk
> Or lets say that I would like to be able to search within a wiki on a
> certain domain. Would I be able to integrate that in a clever way into
> Colibri?

"clever", but not exactly linear :-) you need to use a SQLite editor
to add the search you need to the "Search Engines.sqlite" database,
and if you want add the 2 icons for it in the "Colibri\Art\Search
Engines" directory.

Look in the tips page of the group for an editor, and other
suggestions
- http://groups.google.com/group/colibri-talk/web/tips-tricks-2

.cruise

Jan 9, 2009, 6:46:58 AM1/9/09
to Colibri Talk
Hi Dreadnaut,

Thank you for the answer. It worked like a charm. I am now able to
perform a search within our local Wiki here at work via Colibri.
Only other functionality I was hoping for was that it would be
possisble to display the search results directly within Colibri,
instead of having a browser open and displaying them. But I guess that
is too much to ask for from Colibri?

.Cruise

Dreadnaut

Jan 11, 2009, 6:17:29 AM1/11/09
to Colibri Talk
On Jan 9, 11:46 am, ".cruise" <lars.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only other functionality I was hoping for was that it would be
> possisble to display the search results directly within Colibri,
> instead of having a browser open and displaying them. But I guess that
> is too much to ask for from Colibri?

You are asking for a scriptable html parser, and that's probably too
much :-)

If you are ready to meddle with javascript, you can take a look at
Ubiquity ( https://ubiquity.mozilla.com/ ), an extension for Firefox.