feature request for windows 7/vista

aaron

Jan 21, 2010, 9:18:44 PM1/21/10
to Colibri Talk
Is there a way to run a program as administrator just using the
keyboard and colibri

Dreadnaut

Jan 22, 2010, 9:55:48 AM1/22/10
to Colibri Talk
On Jan 22, 3:18 am, aaron <aaron.herb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to run a program as administrator just using the
> keyboard and colibri

I am afraid not, but it would be a great addition.

There two workarounds I can think of though:

* if you have a program that you always want to run as admin:

- find the shortcut that Colibri indexes
- right click and choose "Properties"
- find the "Compatibility" tab
- check the "Run this program as an administrator" box

* if you have a program that sometimes you run as administrator:

- find the shortcut that Colibri indexes
- make a copy of the shortcut
- rename it "<Program Name> - as administrator"
- as explained above, check the "Run this program as an
administrator" box in its Compatibility properties

Still, this is just a workaround: it does not work automatically for
all the programs you have, it requires to manually edit or create new
shortcuts. It might work for one or two programs (I can think of the
Command Prompt, Autoruns and a few other examples) and you can keep
your additional shortcuts in a special folder (see the Tips & Tricks
page) if you don't want to fill your start menu with them.