Colibri and 64-bit programs

dreadnaut

Feb 4, 2016, 6:44:32 PM2/4/16
to Colibri Talk
It might be that I'm the last Colibri user, and writing on this list does not make much sense, but I'll do it for documentation. And I feel bad creating an issue on Github somehow.

Getting a new laptop I'm starting to have 64-bit software around. Colibri seems to have trouble with shortcuts pointing to 64-bit executable, not showing an icon and sometime being unable to run the program that the shortcut is pointing to. I've looked around a bit, and it might be related to the fact that Colibri itself is a 32-bit application, and shortcuts might be too smart:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/24485.using-64-bit-shortcuts-from-a-32-bit-application.aspx

Michael Walter

Feb 4, 2016, 7:14:49 PM2/4/16
to Colibri Talk