Windows 7 issue

Jaap

Mar 10, 2010, 5:20:10 AM3/10/10
to Colibri Talk
Hi,

Let me start out by saying what a great time-saver Colibri is for me;
great stuff indeed!

I'd like to point out an issues already described earlier by Wouter
(http://groups.google.com/group/colibri-talk/browse_thread/thread/
294adfc9ed7f1c37): under Windows 7, it seem that the hotkey registered
to Colibri (Ctrl+space in my case) stops working (de-registered?)
after a while.

Worked fine under Vista. Anyone run into this as well?

Any suggestions on how to solve this one are greatly appreciated; I
find I'm using Launchy way more often now (restarting Colibri
temporarily "fixes" the problem), but it's a bit of a handicap
compared to Colibri. Especially after finding out how easy it is to
add personalised searches (also from another post - doesn't hurt, does
it? read [ http://blog.ubrio.us/web/adding-custom-search-engines-to-colibri/
] for more info) such as:
INSERT INTO search_engines VALUES ('Dictionary', 'Dictionary',
'Dictionary.com', 'Generic', 'http://dictionary.com', 'http://
dictionary.reference.com/browse/%s');
I'd find it a great pity to abondon Colibri now...

Cheers,
Jaap

Michel

Mar 28, 2010, 5:04:04 AM3/28/10
to Colibri Talk
Hello,

I see same issues in Win7 Pro now.

Colibri stops working (it works, but ctrl+space does not).

Any idea, what the bug is and what is causing it? Never had such an
issue in WinXP Pro...

I love Colibri! One app that I cannot live without!

I think that going into Hibernation and back, triggers the bug. Not
sure, will have to test more.

Any idea, if we can fix this somehow? :)

Cheers,
--Michel

Dreadnaut

Mar 28, 2010, 11:04:58 AM3/28/10
to Colibri Talk
Same here, but it does not happen consistently, which complicates
things. I use Win-Space, after disabling the Aero peek hotkey.

I haven't had a chance to try, but right clicking on the colibri tray
icon gives you a menu where you can disable and re-enable the hotkey,
which should be faster than restarting the program.

Michel

Mar 29, 2010, 8:52:31 AM3/29/10
to Colibri Talk
Yes, it doesn't happen consistently.

I am not sure what triggers the bug. :(

If I can help somehow, just tell me how! :)

Thanks,
--Michel