[coldsync-hackers] New Titrax Conduit available...

Izzy Blacklock

Jun 12, 2003, 12:36:24 AM6/12/03
to coldsync...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's still in final development, but it does seem to work. It still
needs documenting and code cleanup, but if anyone is interested in playing
with what I've built, (or reviewing my code), please send me e-mail and I'll
send you a copy. I think this is a better solution then posting it here
where it may not be appreciated by everyone.

It currently extracts all data from both datebook and TitraxNotesDB and can
output to either a simple text file (complete with elapsed time for each log
entry) or a postgresql database. Building your own output methods should be
easy. You just need a function that accepts and processes an array of parsed
record hashes. The two I've built should provide good examples of how even a
monkey can hack some Perl together with the desired effect :)

Eventually I will document, package, and build a website it can call home.
For now, I'm consentrating on building a webapp to make the data more usefull
for my needs and for further testing to insure there isn't any data mangling
going on. It's the least I can do before releasing it into the wild! :)
Both the conduit and eventually my webapp will be released under GPL.

Thanks to everyone who help me along the way. And thanks to Andrew for
creating coldsync, without which none of this would be possible! :)

...Izzy