Problems with Running ColdSpring on ColdFusion 2018 with Null Support Enabled

Ashu

Feb 4, 2021, 1:55:30 PM2/4/21
to ColdSpring-Users
Team,
         I have been trying to run ColdSpring on ColdFusion 2018 and ColdFusion 2021 by Enabling the null support , however, i am getting the following error while hitting

http://localhost:8500/examples/quickstart/aop/index.cfm

Value must be initialized before use.
Its possible that a method called on a Java object created by CreateObject returned null.

This works perfectly fine if i disable the null support.

I tried to debug more into the root cause of this and found that the cache instances are not getting intitialized in initCacheCommandMap function in BeanCache.cfc

viz the code below is having problems

 <cffunction name="initCacheCommandMap" hint="initialises the cache command map" access="private" returntype="void" output="false">
<cfscript>
var map = {
singleton = getSingletonCache
,prototype = getPrototypeCache
,request = getRequestCache
,session = getSessionCache
};
setCacheCommandMap(map);
    </cfscript>
</cffunction>

if i check the dump of getSingletonCache function viz

<cffunction name="getSingletonCache" access="private" returntype="struct" output="false"
colddoc:generic="string,coldspring.beans.support.BeanDefinition">
<cfreturn instance.singletonCache />
</cffunction>

i found that the instance.singletonCache is not getting initialized, when the null support is enabled.

Has any one else faced this issue or any further insights into the root cause of this would be really helpful, since i don't understand the code-base of the framework completely,

Appreciate your help.

Thank,
Ashu

Ashu

Feb 5, 2021, 10:23:41 PM2/5/21
to ColdSpring-Users
Folks, Any updates on this? Has anyone tried running coldspring with ColdFusion 2018 by Enabling the Null Support?

Thanks,
Ashu

Ashu

Feb 8, 2021, 9:29:24 AM2/8/21
to ColdSpring-Users
I did some more debugging into the root cause and found that somehow while creating the object, its failing with the following error

The Bean Definition 'languageService' does not exist in this factory.

Its not able to initialize LanguageService Object.

Thanks,
Ashu