Trello

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Jul 9, 2015, 1:45:15 PM7/9/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
To those who have been added to the new CSF Trello board:

You should have gotten an invite or a notification of some sort in your email.

I buggered the set up at first and created 2 extra boards... it's fixed now, so there's only one board, Tasks. On the Tasks board (board is essentially what everyone else would call a workspace) you'll find 3 lists: Tasks, Tasks in Process and Tasks - Completed.

Think of the Trello workspace like a physical corkboard with columns. Add a task by writing it on a 3x5 recipe card and push-pinning it in the first column. When someone actually starts workign on a task they would pull the pin and re-pin it in the second column - "in process". When it's done, it's moved again to the third column, Done.

Only instead of cork and push-pins we have a nifty drag-and-drop from List to List.

When you click on a card it will show in a shadbowbox... there are a bunch of options, the most notable of which will be the comment thread, the option to add a sublist (yay checkboxes!) and... well the menu is on the right side of each card. I have enabled voting so if we want we can do a features list and vote on feature cards. :) I enabled the Due Date option as well so we can have due dates on our tasks.

That's the 10-second rundown. There are tutorials on the site. It's pretty intuitive when you let go of expecting it to act like JIRA or even Lighthouse and let it be its own unique thing. :)

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

/j

--
Jared Rypka-Hauer
dev.Objective() - Developing Apps, Developing Skills, Developing Community

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Jul 9, 2015, 1:59:29 PM7/9/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
As per Mark's request:

The Trello task list board has been marked as public. So the public can find it and it will show up in Google searches but only people added to the board can do anything with it.

The link to that board is:

https://trello.com/b/QB8DAEN8/tasks

Mark Mandel

Jul 9, 2015, 2:00:33 PM7/9/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Nice. I'll make a note to add the Trello board to the coldspring README somewhere.

Mark

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Jul 9, 2015, 5:19:41 PM7/9/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Mark M and Mark D: I have made you admins on the Trello board, which means you can add and remove people, change settings, etc.

Just figured someone besides me should be able to in case I get hit by a bus or something. ;) Not that I'm planning to get hit by a bus...

/j

Mark Mandel

Jul 9, 2015, 9:17:38 PM7/9/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com

Nice

Sent from my mobile doohickey

Nolan Erck

Jul 13, 2015, 4:23:54 PM7/13/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe I got added to the Trello board.  Can somebody help with that please?

Thanks,
Nolan

Jared Rypka-Hauer

Jul 13, 2015, 5:11:56 PM7/13/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Nolan,

I was apparently reading one of the prompts wrong when I added you to the Trello board.

You've been added now, hopefully only once or three times. :)

/j

Nolan Erck

Jul 14, 2015, 2:25:14 PM7/14/15
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com