ColdSpring 2 AOP failure with application mapping named 'application'

Paul Dale

Jul 4, 2013, 9:59:59 PM7/4/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've discovered a fairly obscure failure condition for ColdSpring AOP - I havn't tracked down the ultimate source of the bug, but hopefully this might be of help.

Environment
Windows 7
Adobe Coldfusion 9.01
ColdSpring 2a1 or ColdSpring 2 develop
AOP on beans, using AOP schema

Condition
An application based mapping named 'application', for example

this.mappings['/application'] = getDirectoryFromPath(getCurrentTemplatePath());

I was doing this to provide a general mapping to the root of my application.

Outcome
When the mapping is present Coldspring AOP fails to apply, without obvious error or exception.
The bean factory contains aop-config-autoproxycreator, but the beans that would be proxied appear in their regular non-proxied form.

A fresh restart of the ColdFusion server is usually required to produce the error when the mapping is present.
Similarly removing the mapping does not correct the condition without a server restart.

Also, for some values of the mapping AOP seems to work - mostly for what would appear to be broken or nonsense values such as 'asdf'.

Cheers,
Paul.

Mark Mandel

Jul 4, 2013, 10:04:32 PM7/4/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Please provide an example.

Initial guess is a metadata issue with ColdFusion which has beans not being resolved as the full path due to not being created as the full path initially.

Mark

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

2 Devs from Down Under Podcast

Paul Dale

Jul 4, 2013, 10:14:35 PM7/4/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark - that was quick :-)
What kind of example are you after?
I can provide the whole test application as a zip if you'd like - it doesn't have any business code in it, just what was necessary to isolate the bug.

Paul

Mark Mandel

Jul 4, 2013, 10:38:51 PM7/4/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Exactly the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

If it's small enough a gist / pastebin would do as well.

Mark

Paul Dale

Jul 5, 2013, 2:15:10 AM7/5/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com

Okay I've attached a zip of the small test application I've been using - two beans and an advice.
With the mapping in place AOP fails to apply.
Tbh it might be more to do with how CF resolves CFC names in certain circumstances than a specific bug in CS.

On Friday, July 5, 2013 12:38:51 PM UTC+10, Mark Mandel wrote:
Exactly the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

If it's small enough a gist / pastebin would do as well.

Mark
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coldspring-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
ColdSpring2AOPFailure.zip

Mark Mandel

Jul 5, 2013, 2:36:48 AM7/5/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
What happens when you look at the meta data of the CFC's when you do that mapping thing? Does it change?

Mark

Paul Dale

Jul 5, 2013, 2:57:19 AM7/5/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
As shown by getMetaData, no, it stays the same.

On Friday, July 5, 2013 4:36:48 PM UTC+10, Mark Mandel wrote:
What happens when you look at the meta data of the CFC's when you do that mapping thing? Does it change?

Mark

Mark Mandel

Jul 5, 2013, 2:59:48 AM7/5/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Weird. Doesn't make any sense then - should just apply to all methods.

mark