Problem with ColdFusion 20180?

Michael Kear

Sep 24, 2018, 10:09:45 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com

Tap Tap Tap  is this thing on?    Check one two …..   <G>

I hope someone is still here ..

I’ve been using ColdSpring 1.2 for all this time – because it’s been giving me what I needed for my sites..    now I’ve updated my CF to CF2018 and I’m getting this error on every site that uses Coldspring:

[quote]  Invalid CFML construct found on line 243 at column 28.   [/quote]

The offending file is beanfactory.cfc and the line in question says:

<cfset var abstract = false />

It doesn’t call an error on the two previous lines though:

<cfset var aliasIx = 0 />

<cfset var aliasAttributes = 0 />

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Mark Drew

Sep 24, 2018, 10:11:51 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
I am going to guess that abstract is now a reserved word.

MD

Doug Boude

Sep 24, 2018, 10:12:18 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Pretty certain the line referenced is not the offending line. The true error is probably somewhere after that line, I'm guessing

Doug Boude

Sep 24, 2018, 10:13:13 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
I like Mark's answer better. :)

Dave Phipps

Sep 24, 2018, 10:39:55 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Can confirm what Mark said via this gist: https://trycf.com/gist/4ce163322f467f07789a3b9483f4ab71/acf2018?theme=monokai that 'abstract' is a reserved word in CF2018. Changes would need to be made to BeanDefinition.cfc and DefaultXMLBeanFactory.cfc. Also, if you use it in your coldspring.xml.cfm. I use it once in a ParentService bean:

<bean id="ParentService" abstract="true">...</bean>

Seems to work as expected on Lucee!

Cheers,

Dave

Michael Kear

Sep 24, 2018, 10:40:32 AM9/24/18
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com

Are any of you using ColdSpring with ColdFusion2018?     If you are,  perhaps I could just upgrade to the next version and continue on as before.     (that’s very hopeful isn’t it!!     Life doesn’t often work out that easy for me)

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Josh Knutson

Sep 30, 2018, 2:10:34 PM9/30/18
to ColdSpring-Users
I ran into the same issue and ended up replacing the word abstract with isAbstract and that seemed to fix the issue and I haven't run into other issues yet.