Mura CMS and ColdSpring

Gavin Baumanis

Aug 19, 2013, 1:14:33 AM8/19/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I have an application that is embedded into a Mura CMS installation.
I want all of our custom code to use CS2.0 - but Mura comes bundled with CS 1.2  and I "assume" uses it for it's own internal requirements.

Just before I go and do a lot of work for no good reason - and because i have no issues asking the "dumb" questions - I thought I would ask....
Is it possible - and more importantly, is it appropriate - To have multiple versions of ColdSpring in the one application?

As always - thanks!
 - Gavin.

Mark Mandel

Aug 19, 2013, 1:37:42 AM8/19/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering if you could do an Adapter make a ColdSpring 2 a beanFactory parent to ColdSpring 1.2...

That would be neat - and kinda solve your issues as well.

Mark

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

2 Devs from Down Under Podcast

Gavin Baumanis

Aug 20, 2013, 3:20:52 PM8/20/13
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Just to keep everyone up to date...

I had a discussion with Mark about his create parent Factory adapter... and we decided that it wouldn;t work and the best bet would be to upgrade the version of ColdSpring used by our Mura install from 1.2 to 2.0

-Gavin.