ColdSpring and CF2016

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Dec 28, 2016, 6:19:31 PM12/28/16
to ColdSpring-Users
We have been using Ray Camden's Lighthouse application for years without issue and we just updated our CF server to 2016 and now are receiving the following error when trying to log into Lighthouse.  Ray believes it may be a ColdSpring issue so here I am looking for help.

Error:

A timeout occurred while attempting to lock

I have tried to extend the timeout time for that function but it still gives the same error.  Any ideas??

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Dec 29, 2016, 4:18:22 PM12/29/16
to ColdSpring-Users
I am also getting this error first.

Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface coldspring.beans.DefaultXmlBeanFactory.

Ensure that the name is correct and that the component or interface exists.

The error occurred in E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/helpdesk/lighthouse/ModelGlue/gesture/loading/ColdSpringBootstrapper.cfc: line 48

Any ideas!!!

Don Quist

Dec 29, 2016, 4:21:20 PM12/29/16
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
It's been a long time since I used coldspring, but with the recent update to CF 2016 have you double checked your CF Mappings are still correct?

Dan Wilson

Dec 30, 2016, 10:43:26 AM12/30/16
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
Yup. Looks like a mapping issue.

Is the lighthouse directory the web root? If it is, is ColdSpring located in the sibling directory to ModelGlue?

If ModelGlue is mapped, then is the ColdSpring directory also mapped?

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Jan 3, 2017, 9:33:37 AM1/3/17
to ColdSpring-Users
Thanks Dan.

The Lighthouse directory is NOT in the web root directory.  It's in wwwroot/foldername/Lighthouse

The ModelGlue folder is located within the Lighthouse folder and is mapped in the cfadmin, the coldspring folder is not located within the lighthouse folder but it is also mapped.  Thanks for you help in getting this resolved for me!

Dan Wilson

Jan 3, 2017, 9:47:38 AM1/3/17
to coldspri...@googlegroups.com
So, it's resolved now?

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Jan 3, 2017, 9:48:48 AM1/3/17
to ColdSpring-Users
After moving the coldspring directory inside of the Lighthouse directory, we are getting the following error message:

E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/HELPDESK/LightHouse/coldspring/frameworkProperties.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)

The error occurred in E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/HELPDESK/LightHouse/coldspring/beans/AbstractBeanFactory.cfc: line 253
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/HELPDESK/LightHouse/coldspring/beans/AbstractBeanFactory.cfc: line 42
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/helpdesk/lighthouse/ModelGlue/gesture/loading/ColdSpringBootstrapper.cfc: line 48
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/helpdesk/lighthouse/ModelGlue/gesture/loading/ColdSpringBootstrapper.cfc: line 127
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/helpdesk/lighthouse/ModelGlue/gesture/loading/ColdSpringBootstrapper.cfc: line 138
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/HELPDESK/LightHouse/ModelGlue/gesture/ModelGlue.cfm: line 82
Called from E:/Inetpub/wwwroot/In_Development/helpdesk/lighthouse/index.cfm: line 51
251 : 		<cfargument name="propertiesFile" type="string" required="true" />
252 : 		<cfset var local = StructNew() />
253 : 		<cfset local.fileStream = CreateObject('java', 'java.io.FileInputStream').init(arguments.propertiesFile) />
254 : 		<cfset local.properties = CreateObject('java', 'java.util.Properties').init() />
255 : 		<cfset local.properties.load(local.fileStream) />

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Jan 3, 2017, 11:17:36 AM1/3/17
to ColdSpring-Users
Not resolved.  Still getting the error from my last post.  No idea why!

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:47:38 AM UTC-5, Dan Wilson - sipa...@gmail.com wrote:
So, it's resolved now?
On Jan 3, 2017 9:33 AM, <david.jaco...@mail.mil> wrote:
Thanks Dan.

The Lighthouse directory is NOT in the web root directory.  It's in wwwroot/foldername/Lighthouse

The ModelGlue folder is located within the Lighthouse folder and is mapped in the cfadmin, the coldspring folder is not located within the lighthouse folder but it is also mapped.  Thanks for you help in getting this resolved for me!

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 6:19:31 PM UTC-5, david.jaco...@mail.mil wrote:
We have been using Ray Camden's Lighthouse application for years without issue and we just updated our CF server to 2016 and now are receiving the following error when trying to log into Lighthouse.  Ray believes it may be a ColdSpring issue so here I am looking for help.

Error:

A timeout occurred while attempting to lock

I have tried to extend the timeout time for that function but it still gives the same error.  Any ideas??

david.jaco...@mail.mil

Jan 3, 2017, 1:22:21 PM1/3/17
to ColdSpring-Users
Okay, I finally figured it out.  It appears that the ColdSpring folders were copied into the Lighthouse directory so changing the mapping from It's in wwwroot/foldername/Lighthouse/coldspring to It's in wwwroot/foldername/Lighthouse worked.  Thanks for all of your help!

David