Unikernels - July 11, 6:30pm EDT

Ben Francis

Jun 30, 2023, 2:26:23 PM6/30/23
to col...@googlegroups.com, Col...@googlegroups.com
One of the better ways to secure your system is to reduce your attack surface. Unikernels are a way to strip out all the operating system junk and just keep the bits that your application needs. We're talking 10-50 Kilobytes, not MB or GB.

On July 11, Brad Whitehead is going to present "Super Containers: Unikernels and Virtual Machines" during a free meeting of the Columbia Linux Users Group at 6:30pm EDT on https://meet.jit.si/sclugs .

Brad designed the AADHAAR biometric payment system for 1 billion Indians. It does one quadrillion comparisons/day and 11 billion transactions/sec using unikernels pulling from a massive queue. AADHAAR eliminated the cash payments system and almost all the corruption that went with it.

I hope to see you there!

Ben Francis

Ben Francis

Jul 11, 2023, 7:55:28 AM7/11/23
to Col...@googlegroups.com
This is today, good people. I can't wait to hear it.

FYI, I'm traveling back from Kentucky today. If I break down in the mountains and can't reach you, Brad will still present, but we would need someone to record the meeting to YouTube. (1. YouTube -> Go Live; 2. Jitsi -> Start Live Stream)

Just trying to cover all the bases here.

Ben

Ben Francis

Jul 11, 2023, 10:32:09 PM7/11/23
to Col...@googlegroups.com, brad.wh...@formularity.com